Saturday 8 April 2017

We're sorry you're leaving.. a farewell card

One of my work colleagues, Monika, is leaving our team and office to move to our South Auckland office.. she has build a house out south... so I got asked to make a bigger sized card so all three teams can sign it....


I use a full sheet of A4 card (8" x 11.75") and halved it for my base.  I took a half sheet and trimmed it a bit to make to top layer.  I used my computer to type the sentiment (font: PlumNDE)  I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays to add some splotches.  I stamped and die cut the Beautiful Day Peony and the leaves from Altenew with Altenew inks.  For a bit of added interest I punched the edge and added the pink behind it.  I also used my score board to add a frame around the other three sides of the panel.   As I took my photo at night, the lighting isn't the best. 

We will miss Monika's cheerfulness in our team, but hope this card will reminder of us all.

Counting down the days now till we head to Perth... packing will get done tomorrow and then 3 days of work.  Can't wait.  

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A striking card Dawn - and very pretty - love that you have 'framed' the front panel
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Gorgeous blooms & love the splashes, Dawn! Have a great trip!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is lovely Dawn, the flowers are beautiful, perfect card for your friend.

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Gorgeous card Dawn! I love this stampset!

Monika Reeck said...

the lady with the same name like me MONIKA will love this adorable flower card
stunning colors too Dawn
woooww great sentiment and AWESOME design

Barb Ghig said...

Your Peonies are absolutely gorgeous, Dawn! I love the colors and the font on your sentiment is perfect! Your co-worker is definitely going to love it, too!