Tuesday 24 January 2017

I'm Back... with some Wedding Cards

 Doing a Happy Dance here as I now have Internet and a Landline again!  Nothing ever easy for me... Got a 4G modem and for some reason it would not connect to the cell tower.... after about 20 mins with the Techie, she suggest I check the SIM card... and yes... it was not in fully!  So finally back online

While I was unable to visit all my bloggy friends, I got to continue decluttering and sorting out my craft room.  Still not fully in there yet, but the new desk is in and I've sorted out the stamps into drawers.  I also got some time to create.  We are going to a wedding on the 11th February so a card was needed.


It's hard to see but the white background panel is embossed.  I then stamped the couple from a Penny Black set and coloured with Copics and Prismacolor pencils.  I fussy cut out the couple and added to the card.  The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set.   Inside I used a Inkadinkado sentiment that says "getting married means sharing your toys" 

Next I was asked to doing a wedding card for a friend who was going to a wedding soon as well.

I did a couple to give her some choice.


This one was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest.  I die cut a two heart dies from Spellbinders, one plain and one scalloped.  I embossed the plain one and layered the two together.  Is used a base made with some Simon Says Stamp wood grain card.  I stamped the Winnie & Walter sentiment, curving it around the top of the heart.   The flower and leaves are from the same Winnie & Walter set and I embossed them onto some vellum.  I used my Zig markers to colour the back.  A few sequins and all done.  My friend really loved it and took it...

And here is the second card I made.  I was very lucky to have received the Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine that had an Altenew stamp and die set, sent to me by my friend Kim, all the way from Perth Australia.  


this stamp set is gorgeous and I had fun stamping and die cutting.  I used Memento Inks.  The sentiment is from Kaisercraft and the PP is from a pack by Teresa Collins.  

And because I had the PP pack and the stamps and dies out, I made another inspiration card


This one is a 4.75" x 6.75" card as the PP is a 4.5 x 6.5 pack.  The sentiment from Kaisercraft  seemed to fit perfectly.  My friend decided she wanted this one too, so two cards sold!

thank you if you are still with me.  I have a few more cards to share over the next little while - a few DT cards coming up and some fun cards I've done for the StampNation birthday challenges.  It's good to be back online

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Yay - good to see you back Dawn :-) Love your cards - they are all beautiful, but the last one particularly appeals to me.
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Good to see you back Dawn and with some beautiful cards!! Love them all and that stamp set from Altenew is so pretty.

Betty said...

beautiful wedding cards Dawn - especially love the one with the polka dot background

Greta said...

Hurray! Computer problems are just so frustrating! You certainly made good use of your time, Dawn--fabulous cards! I love the one you're taking to the wedding--modern & classy! Altenew products included in a magazine?!--wow! I'm in love with the card that has the gold dotted background--must case it!