Wednesday 8 June 2016

Altenew June Inspiration

I just LOVE my Altenew stamps... slowly building up my stash.  The Altenew Blog is awesome as well... lots of inspiration and once a month... they have a little challenge... based on a photo inspiration.  This month's photo is stunning

photo inspiration challenge_June_2 

Isn't this just stunning.  

Here's my card inspired by the above


I took my inspiration from the flower colour and the lace on the dress.  I used the new Spring Daisies stamp and white embossed onto some kraft paper ( some very heavy packing paper) I used some Faber-Castel pencils and mineral spirits to colour the flower.  Used some Tea Dye distress ink and a Tim Holtz lacy stencil to make the background.  The sentiment is from Altenew Beautiful Day set.   I'm hopeless at the placement of  gems or sequins so just scattered a few on this card.

Had fun making this one.  This stamp set is so versatile.  You can stamp the layers or you can colour like I did here. One of the reasons I so love Altenew stamps.

Entering this into the Monday Simon Says Stamp  challenge Summer Garden

6 comments:

Betty said...

stunning card from a stunning inspiration - love it Dawn!!!

Dotty Jo said...

A beautiful take on the inspiration pic, Dawn, Jo x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Dawn, and I love your gem placement!! I also like your 'kraft' background - I have been tempted to try using heavy wrapping paper too, but have never remembered when it came to the crunch.
Blessings
Maxine

Barb Ghig said...

Your lacey background is so pretty, and I love how you colored the daisy and leaves! Very clever to use heavy Kraft packing paper, too...Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo, Dawn!

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

This amazing tag makes me think that I should start embossing powder again! So AWESOME!!!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
hugs Zoey

Monika Reeck said...

wooow I love the dress idea on your card Dawn and embossing white with that color is adorable
really beautifully made my friend
and your bday card will be late I am so sosrry just wanna send it tomorrow ooh bad me...but I never forget you its important hehehe
hugs
Monika