Sunday 4 October 2015

World Card Making Day (or should I say Weekend!)

3rd October is World Card Making Day and because we are the first place in the World to see the sun - I got to spend the weekend celebrating... as the 3rd in the States is the 4th here!

So I started on my Saturday and decided to do the challenges at StampNation - they started midnight Friday so by the time I looked just after lunch Saturday 4 challenges were already up... I managed three cards in the afternoon,  so here they come

#1 - Inspired by USA - Bandannas
Using a Doodled Dry Emboss technique I saw on Splitcoaststampers.   Time consuming but fun result.

#2 Inspired by Canada - Hudson Bay Blanket

using Simon Says Stamp Holiday Borders.  Sentiment from Hero Arts.

#3 Inspired by Switzerland - Edelweiss Flower


 Used Simon Says Stamp Fog card stock and Lil'inkers dies to make my base and layer.   Hero Arts Wreath stamped in Versafine Olmypia Green.  Flowers and leaves from Inkadinkado stamped in London Fog Memento ink.  Coloured with Zig Clean Clear markers and fussy cut.  Finished with a Impression Obsession die cut bow and a Hero Arts sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing my WCMD  fun.  I'll be back to show you a few more later in the week.   I did get two more cards made today - and hopefully the rest of the challenges during the coming week

And I'm leaving you with some exciting news in our family.... we are to be Grandparents in April next year... Our daughter and her husband are expecting.... Very exciting news.


4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Dawn - love the blue and white one - a combination that I am particularly fond of!
Congratulations on the impending grandparenthood - it's wonderful :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

It is weekend and I did not made card at World Card Making day hehe
was too busy with houshold
and I wanna say
love your first card
love that embossing folder Dawn
but they are all beautifully made

Barb Ghig said...

Really stunning cards, Dawn! I can see that you put a lot of work into each one...and it certainly paid off! Great job!!!

Greta said...

Hurrah--big congrats on your coming grandbaby, Dawn! Great use of WCMD--love all your cards! Next year I need to plan ahead.