Sunday 31 May 2015

More Masking and new stamps!

I'm spending time this long weekend with friends at the beach house in Mangawhai and have bought some supplies along... minimal (although that's not what hubby said of my rather full small suitcase and shopping bag full of supplies) but I did bring along some new Hero Arts goodies...

http://onlinecardclasses.com/maskerade/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/MSK_participant.png 

I am taking this online card class so got to watch Day 3, 4 and 5 videos all in one go. Day 3 used liquid masking (sadly not in the supplies I brought with me) and Day 4 used Freezer paper, something I've never seen here in NZ - but I believe I might be able to get at Spotlight in the quilting area- still remains to be seen.  Anywhoo that left me with Day 5 - using clear embossing for my mask - or really as I know it, resist.  However it's not just stamping and embossing bold stamps, but also using embossing ink via a pen to cover your entire line art stamps once you've coloured them.  Now embossing ink/pen I DO have.


I stamped the Hero Arts Night and Flower flower and coloured with Copics.  Once done, I used my Versamark pen to cover the flower and clear embossed.  I then sponged over with some blue Distress Ink.  Added the sentiment from Quietfire Design.
Entered into the Any Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp

I also did some masking yesterday with Post It tape -




This is using a new Hero Arts set (Baby Animals).  I masked and coloured these but haven't made it up to be a card yet.

And other of yesterday's offerings



This one uses the new Hero Arts Colour Layering Bird.  I spend a bit of time trying out different colour combinations before making this one.  My colours:
base ~ HA Stone Wash blue, 2nd layer~Chipped Sapphire distress and 3rd layer HA Wet Cement.  Did not quite get the branch in the right place and my sentiment is rather drunkenly added to the card!  Not quite sure how that happened.   I trimmed my card down - a bit much as it turned out, so used some ombre ink to stamp Hero Arts Deco Flower background to add to the side.   Finished with splatters of the inks.

If you are interested in getting any of the Hero Arts stamps and dies and stencils be sure to check out A2Z Scrapbooking (this is where I get my Hero Arts goodies) and if you are spending over $25 in store, use my code Dawn15 to get a discount of 15%.

thanks for stopping by.  Your visits are much appreciated as a your comments. If you like what I've done, please let me know!

10 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Sounds as though you are having a wonderful weekend.
I have a roll of freezer paper, but don't know where I got it from now - probably when i was doing a bit a quilting.... now I can use it again :-). Love your top card, and the wee animals are so cute - the last one looks as though the bird is just landing :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

Crafting AND a beach house???? Sounds like heaven to me! Great cards, Jo x

Betty said...

looks like you are having great fun with your new stamps - wonderful cards!

Brenda said...

Well you have really been very busy Dawn! These are gorgeous cards. It's good to play with techniques every now and then.

Greta said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful cards! Such wonderful images!! So pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Shawna said...

This card is amazing!! It looks like two step stamping. the the splatters work so well and that embossing is so intricate. Dawn, your talent puts me in awe! Seriously nice job!

Barb Ghig said...

Three really fabulous cards, Dawn! Your first card is so elegant, and I love how you masked and colored the animals on the 2nd card! Gorgeous job on the bird, too! I love that you used shades of blue and your sentiment and splatters are just perfect!

Monika Reeck said...

Love the purple flower on the first one Dawn and the animal soo so cuutee and lovely colored too
The bird I love the color too and great splatter...
lovely post Dawn