Saturday 28 February 2015

A most relaxing holiday

I'm back from my week away on Kawau Island.  This island is located in the Hauraki Gulf, just north of Auckland.  Once you get there... it's reasonably isolated.  We went over by ferry which dropped us off at the wharf belonging to the people whose Bach we were borrowing.  We had to take everything with us.. food, drinks and linen, everything else was there.  Coming back we have to bring our rubbish and empty bottles back. 

Here are a few photos I took...

Where we stayed.
 
Bring the vital supplies!

Yes... the steps up to the house

View from the deck in the evening.
Great way to finish the day!

Had a bit of rain one morning followed by this awesome rainbow.

And this is what the setting sun looked liked 

We had a very relaxing time... three mornings we went for a kayak around the harbour and then across the harbour to Mansion House Bay.

 While we were there we did a half hour bush work before paddling back. 

I managed to get 5 books read on my Kindle, went swimming twice most days and came home feeling very rested.

Oh, and here's a pic of a fabulous Kereru (native Wood Pigeon) I saw out of the window one morning

So it's back to work on Monday.  But the bonus is that we did get our airfares to Europe in June/July sorted so the next holiday is organised!

Have a great weekend and thanks for taking the time to visit today...



5 comments:

Lin said...

Looks like a wonderful place for a vacation, Dawn! I"m jealous! Your pictures are wonderful!

kiwimeskreations said...

Apart from the stairs, what an amazing hide a way, and you obviously had a wonderful holiday - well done! Sounds like the next one will be pretty awesome too. Will you be around for SENZ? (July 10th - 12th)
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--what a gorgeous spot! So glad you had a great vacation, Dawn! Bet it will be hard to go back to work!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Dawn
here is winter
a bit sunshine only
and can not wear tshirt like you and your lovely hubby I miss my Indonesia
its warm and no winter
I believe you have a nice and relaxing holiday..
nice picture my friend...

Arlene said...

Wow, lots of steps, but the view is GRAND.

So glad you shared.

Hugs, Arlene