Friday 12 December 2014

A "Kiwi" Christmas

I got an order to do a few "Kiwi" Christmas for one of the team leaders at work.  He wanted 7 cards with a "Kiwi" flavour.  Christmas in NZ is mid summer ( not that summer has come yet!) so I thought I'd use some Bugaboo images from a series called "Tropical Santa"  I did 3 of one images and 2 times two other images.




I changed up the sentiments on each one.  The green and red branches are supposed to represent the Pohutukawa tree (aka NZ Christmas Tree)

One of my other collogues saw the them and asked for me to do the surfing one but with sunnies on and with a bottle of beer on the sand...

 
Hope these have given you a bit of a giggle...

I'm a Fishing Widow this weekend with Hubby heading off for a weekend's fishing trip.  He'll be back Sunday afternoon.  So you can guess what I'll be doing this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not all crafting as I do have some household chores to do... but already made a couple of little 4" x 4.5" cards and envelopes.   Just need a few more Christmas cards.

Have a great weekend

5 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Dawn may I tell you.... this all are coool and cuuuteeeee the one with beer and sunglasses hihi make me smile cool SET all Dawn..hugs, Monika

Nancy K said...

Awesome cards, Dawn! Sometimes we get sunny and hot weather for Christmas so I can relate to the tropical Santa! Enjoy your crafty weekend!

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn these are priceless - love them all, especially your customised one. Enjoy the peace and quiet!! Oh how I would love some :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Yes you did make me giggle! These are so cute, Dawn!

Brenda said...

These are so cool Dawn! I struggle of South African themed Christmas cards as it is also summer here. It's always an issue for my at XMas time as I really love all the wintery cards at this time of year!