Monday 6 October 2014

WCMD Part 2

Here are the cards I made on Sunday.... 5th here in NZ but still the 4th in USA - so that was good enough for me to play again.

Snowflake border

This one used a new Couture Creations die I picked up half price from The Warehouse.  I cut it from white card and covered it with Stickles.  Just added to a red card and then white embossed a Kaisercraft stamp.  Very CAS for sure.

Photo card

This one, again a CAS card, is for a technique swap.  To use a photo on your card....I saw this photo on an email I got - you know the ones... beautiful photos and inspiring sayings.  I just copied it and put into word doc and softened the colours.    The sentiment from Kaisercraft was embossed to make it stand out.

Did get one more made but it's for Die Cut Divas and will be shown later this week. 

10 comments:

joy said...

LOVE the red/white card, Dawn. The second one is beautiful, too; I've never made a card with a photo before, but it looks so nice!

I must apologize; I hadn't check my Flickr mail in a long time! Thank you, Dawn, for sending the links; now all I have to do is find the time to make one of these beauties!!

Betty said...

both cards are wonderful - love how you used the photograph - very pretty

Lin said...

What a great way to start my week, with your beautiful inspiration! The pink posies are lovely - sure to make someone smile!

alexandra s.m. said...

COOL cards Dawn!
Thank You~

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn these are stunning cards - love the drama of the strong colours on the Christmas card, and the gorgeous flowers behind the bold sentiment on the second one make for a beautiful card.
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

Beautiful cards! Love how the photo turned out. I never considered using those wonderful photos you get in those emails.

Monika Reeck said...

Wooww Dawn great idea using the Photo and printed it out sweet beautiful flowers and I love the bright red on your first card and so clean embossing in white..adorable cards both my friend..hugs, Monika

Greta said...

Lovely cards, Dawn! I especially love the first one!

JD/ Jill said...

These are great cards. I especially like the second one, so cheery and bright with a great sentiment!

Diane said...

Two really wonderful designs.

Hugs Diane