Monday 1 September 2014

New challenges at Creative Craft Cottage and CCC Digi Creations

Both of our Creative Craft Cottage challenges are up today.
Over at CCC Digi Creations the theme this fortnight is Digi/Things with Wings

This fortnight's sponsor is


Kathryne is offering one lucky winner, their choice
of 5 digi stamps from her store.


I used this  butterfly and the sentiment is from this set. 

Printed the butterfly and the sentiment onto watercolour paper and then used paints to colour.  Added a line of washi tape along the bottom. 

And over at Creative Craft Cottage we have a sketch/colour board.  




For this one I used different Patterned Papers for my layers.  The focal point is cut from some watercolour paper.  I masked the edges and stamped a WPlus9 rose and coloured with Copics.  I then used some water colour paint to do a wash of green.  Added some pink and green sequins and finished with a Hero Arts stamp.

I'm entering this into the Patterned Paper challenge at Virginia's View this month and this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp ~ Anything goes.
And Crafting when we can.... borrow a sketch 

Do come and join us at CCC Digi Creations and Creative  Craft Cottage 


12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Jo x

~amy~ said...

wonderful cards...love the blooms and the texty background on the 2nd card!
Thanks for playing with us at Virginia's View Challenge- Pattern Paper!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Dawn - I do love the shading on the background of the second one, and your butterfly is gloriously vibrant.
Blessings
Maxine

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn,
Of course the butterfly will catch anyones eye as it is gorgeous. Great cards.
Smiles:)
Sue

Barb Ghig said...

Two fabulous cards, Dawn! Your butterfly is so charming and I love how you colored it...I also love the pattern on the washi tape!
Your 2nd card is so elegant! I love the roses, and the patterned papers you chose for the background...so pretty!

Greta said...

2 lovely cards, Dawn! I especially like the gorgeous layers of your second one!

Monika Reeck said...

I really love the butterfly on the first card and great sentiment and lovely Backgrouhnd you made..beautifully done and the second card I love the frame the the text background too nice sequin on there and nice DP with butterfly..sweet bday card Dawn..

jenn shurkus said...

both of your cards are so pretty :) i especially like the 2nd one, I love the different elements and coloring! thank you for playing a long with simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Shelly said...

These are so pretty and sweet! Thanks for joining us at Virginia's View Challenge!

Craft Paper said...

Very pretty card. I like the water color background and pretty papers. Thanks for playing at Crafting When We Can,

Vicky said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for joining the fun with us at Virginia's View Challenge.

Virginia L. said...

Your card is created with such LOVE and CARE, Dawn! I love the text background and elements! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Pattern Paper Challenge!