Monday 21 April 2014

Mixed Media Canvas

I had an awesome weekend away.  We went up to Mangawhai on Thursday evening.  On Friday, hubby and our friend, Michael, decided to use the kayak's to do some fishing.  I dropped them off on the river near were we stay and  hours later I picked them up in the harbour.  Meanwhile, as Yvonne was still in town working, I got the crafting supplies out, and had a day of fun.  I had watched Jill Foster doing an Art Journal page on the Penny Black blog.  Loved what she did and thought it would translate to a canvas, so picked up a couple of 6x6 canvases and gave it a go.  I don't have any Penny Black dies, so made do with what I had.

mixed media canvas

I used three layers of a heavy card stock to layer my dies onto the canvas and added gesso


As you can see, I also did a tag.  I tried everything on the tag first, then onto the canvas.  Above, you can see the texture paste and gesso drying.

Mixed Media Tag

I really enjoy the process.  So much so, that this morning, I started another one.


Still to finish this one off.  

Over the weekend, I made 6 cards, the tag, and these two canvases as well as colouring a number of digi images... a very creative weekend.   And we also spend a day over on Kawau Island... 



8 comments:

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Both canvases are great Dawn! It looked like you had a lot of fun doing them!

Brenda said...

These are exquisite Dawn! I watched her video and was very intrigued. Love the gorgeous colours!

Greta said...

Wow--I can't do that much in a week! You were on a roll, Dawn, & your mojo was in high gear as these are wonderful! May have to make myself give it a try even though I feel mixed media needs more artistic ability than I have. Glad you had a fun weekend!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn,
Goodness you are not getting hooked on Mixed media are you!!!!It does tend to get under the skin...As you know I love playing.
Anyway your canvas looks great, and also the Tag, the colour Palette is soft and the flowers add the necessary dimension to create the interest. You should be pleased with yourself.
Smiles:)
Sue

Arlene said...

You were busy and sounds like you had fun too!

Love your finished canvas, can't wait for the other one.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful weekend you must have had Dawn - sounds like bliss to me, and the results are stunning.
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous work Dawn, your makes are totally stunning, Jo x

Stephanie Klauck said...

Hi Dawn!

We have a feature on our Simon Says Stamp blog called 'Spotted' where we showcase the awesome talents of some of our customers!

I would love to feature your beautiful canvas in our May feature and just wanted to check if that would be okay with you.

If you could email me back and let me know as soon as you can (at marketing at simonsaysstamp dot com), that would be great.

Thanks so much!
Stephanie Klauck