Tuesday 14 January 2014

CAS(E) this sketch..#59.

 

 On Saturday I received a beautiful card from Donna in Hawaii and inside was a lovely little packet of die cut feathers in some stunning colours, some dyed, some Patterned paper... and as soon as I saw them, I knew I wanted to use them for the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.  I finally got around to doing a card today after I got back from my walk... Love CAS cards as they really come together so quickly.  


This is a mini card... 3.25" x 4.25".  The centre panel is a die cut from Poppy Stamps that is 3" x 4".  I added the gorgeous feathers with a pop dot.  Added a button with a little bit of pink ribbon.  As you can see I stuck to the sketch fairly closely.  I finished with some splotches of Picked Raspberry distress ink, watered down and flickered off my paint brush.  The sentiment is from an older Hero Arts set.  This has also been entered into the CASology challenge ~ Dots

Edited: Thanks to Cornelia I have entered into the challenge over at STAMPlorations Blog

I've been doing some mixed media pieces but they just take SOOOO long to do...waiting, waiting, waiting for gesso, paint and paste to dry.  Still the end result is lovely.  Just trying to decide how to and what to put on a card.  Also started an 8" x 8" canvas.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

19 comments:

Greta said...

Gorgeous feathers & I love the splotches! Beautiful card, Dawn!

Barb said...

Wow, your feathers are stunning, Dawn! Love the splatter too! Beautiful card!

Vanessa said...

Oh, you did a wonderful job with the feathers! Love your card!
Vanessa x

Lin said...

I love it, Dawn, and the added button with one of my favorite old HA sentiments - perfection!!

MiamiKel said...

Hi Dawn! Your card is simply breathtaking! The rich vibrant colors drew me right in! I'm a friend of Maxines :) Your cards are just lovely and I see them on the thumbnail and thought I"d come take a closer look :) Glad I did - this is a beauty!! Blessings xo

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, such a fabby take on the sketch! Jo x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Dawn - your card made me swoon! I think you should link it up with Stamplorations. Here is the link, if you are interested: http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2014/01/january-challenge-stamps-feathers.html
Hugs, Cornelia

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
Love this....of course!
The feathers are fantastic and I am so pleased you created a subtle Bg to show them off. Just perfect.
Smiles:)
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

This is beautiful Dawn - love the splashed paint background! Sounds as though you are having a really creative spell - looking forward to see the results.
Blessings
Maxine

wienerhoneymooners said...

Total RICH sumptuousness GORGEOUS!

Thanks for adding this to the CASology gallery this week, hope you ca join us again soon -Good luck!!!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous card, Dawn! I love how you've added splatters across the card and feathers. So glad you took Cornelia's advice and joined us at STAMPlorations!

maria f. said...

Yes, those colors are so Donna M. Just gorgeous. I want to see the bird they came from ;)

CinnamonSally said...

Wow this is so pretty Dawn, love the gorgeous colours!

Kylie said...

I'm so glad Cornelia steered you our way. Those feathers are so bright and beautiful. LOVE the background too. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations xx

wienerhoneymooners said...

Loved this in CAS(E) this sketch, ADORE it in CASology Dawn!!!!!

You can come join us ANY 'ole time!!
Love seeing your style jumo iff the screen at me!!!!!

Meghan said...

Love your use of splatters as dots...oh so clever! Those feathers are gorgeous! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

donna mikasa said...

It was perfect timing for those feathers to reach you--all the way from Hawaii! I'm glad you put them to good use for the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us!

Jean said...

Love this card ~ great choice of colors!

Isha Gupta said...

Loooove this card Dawn. Just so happy and fresh.