Thursday 26 December 2013

A Little Shabby Chic.

By the time you read this, Christmas will be done and dusted for another year... Hope Santa was kind to you and you got to spend time with family.

It's mid summer in my part of the world and I'll be sunning myself at the beach.  We are heading off for 9 days holiday at a beach town around one and half hours north of my home.    Looking forward for the break away

So onto today's card. It's my day over at Little Blue Buttons Stamps.  This one is a little shabby chic.


The background is one that Olga designed and which I have recoloured in blues.  I stamped the Kaisercraft sentiment  and then added some blue ink all around and in places with a stencil or two.  The whole panel was then embossed with a folder.  I printed out the Vintage Dress form (Available here as a digital stamp or here as a rubber stamp) and used some Copics to colour.  The blue wasn't quite right, so I smeared some Gesso over it to tone it down.  Then I added Stickles to the wings and some Glossy Accents to the hat.  The finishing touch was some twine and a vintage button. 

Enjoy the Holiday season. 



5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hope you had loads of festive fun! Love your card, Jo x

kiwimeskreations said...

Fantastic card Dawn - sort of quirky and steampunky, but nice and fresh too. Love it!!
Enjoy your break :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Enjoy your vacation, Dawn! Sun at the beach sounds wonderful as we're socked in with fog & can't get out of the 30s! That background is wonderful with the stencils & embossing--great card!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, what a beautiful card, Dawn! I love all of your stenciling and all the lovely blue hues you added...such a pretty 'Shabby Chic' card!

Enjoy your holiday at the beach! Don't think about us poor folks who are shoveling snow and wearing mittens and hats...we'll be fine - LOL! I hope you also had a wonderful Christmas...hugs!

Arlene said...

Wonderful background. Fantastic card!