Wednesday 18 September 2013

A little bit Shabby Chic

I haven't been feeling very crafting for a little while now... so today I have a card to share,  that I made a few weeks ago.

A bit Shabby Chic.

The PP is from a pack called an Edwardian Ladies Diary.  I trimmed a piece to use my background and used a Fiskars punch down one edge.  I then used some of the PP to punch some flowers.  I added them to some fawn Prima flowers and added a pearl brad.  I die cut a Spellbinders die cut and stamped a Hero Arts big sentiment. I added pearls under the sentiment and down the side.

I'm hoping that I feel like crafting soon.... I've got some DT work to do.  Yesterday I lay on my bed when I got home and one and a half hours later, woke up!  Work has been very stressful with some tight timelines.  Was feeling a bit out of my comfort zone and didn't cope with it well.... things are getting better this week thank goodness.

Thanks for visiting. 

12 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the colours you have used.xxx

joy said...

Lovely card, Dawn!

I hope things will get much less stressful for you at work very soon. I remember going to bed at night with work-related tasks on my mind and waking up with them still there! Now it is more fun to be thinking of card designs when I go to bed!! LOL

Barb said...

Stunning card, Dawn! The flowers look amazing surrounding that big, beautiful sentiment!

Lin said...

Oh how pretty, Dawn, like the beginning of spring! LOVE this! I think I have that paper, but have never used it - I will now!!

Arlene said...

This is beautiful! Just gorgeous. I know how you're feeling. Hugs...

Maureen Morton said...

Great idea to layer the flowers.....must keep that in my mind. This is so stunning - very feminine!

Virginia L. said...

Very beautiful! These elements are so lovely together! It's so clever to use the part of the pattern paper for flowers! Well done, Dawn!

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful card Dawn - love the colours! My mojo has packed up and headed for the hills recently! Jo x

Lisa said...

I love the use of the same pp to make the flowers on this Dawn! It's a subtle thing, but I love how it seems to make everything blend together so nicely :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
Hope you feel the inspiration soon, it is difficult when work infringes into your life.
This is an exceptionally pretty card, the Pp is delightful and sets the tone for the whole design.
Smiles:)
Sue

debby4000 said...

Absolutely beautiful card.
luv
Debby

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Dawn - I hope the stress at work lessens and the mojo returns soon.
Blessings
Maxine