Sunday 11 August 2013

"School of Rock" @ Red Carpet Studio



Our challenge this week is inspired by Jack Black and his movie "School of Rock"  ~ to make a Back to School card.  I have to say I almost forgot to make my card for the challenge... in fact last night I suddenly realised I should have had done by Thursday last week.... Panic stations!!!!

But good old Bugaboo to the rescue.  Off I went to the website and purchased this image... They have heaps of images suitable for Back to School cards.

Here's what I did

The background is from MyGrafico (Lindsay's Stamp Stuff)  I distressed round the edge and added some black ink and smudged some black ink over it.  I printed out Deacon and coloured with Copics.  I coloured the blackboard with a black Copic and then using a white gel pen I wrote the alphabet.  I finished by fussy cutting Deacon and adding some glossy accents to the apples.


Be sure to hop over to the blog and see what the others created and join us with your Back to School cards.

ETA:  Added to the Linky party over at Craftin Desert Diva's (Thanks for the heads up Tara)
and Back to school over at The Paper Nest Dolls challenge.

 

13 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a cute card Dawn - it really has a school theme :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Love your card Dawn...and your blog...started following :) {hugs} Kimi xx

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Cute card Dawn. I'll see if I have time to make a card this week...

Arlene said...

OK... I LOVE IT!!!

WOW.... just WOW!

joy said...

Dawn, this card is just super cute - I love that image and the school theme is fab!

Unknown said...

Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Back To School” Linky Party.

Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Greta said...

Oh how darling this is!

Unknown said...

This is great! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Back To School“ Linky Party.

Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Heidi said...

I love the image you used and the card is just great!

Sue said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing along at Paper Nest Dolls.

NicoleDesigns said...

This rocks so much! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at the PND "Back to School" challenge! xo Nikki

Unknown said...

Love paper and blackboard!

Thank you for joining our Back to School Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
Jasmina DT PND

Maureen Morton said...

This is a kick of a card, Dawn - and your penmanship is excellent! Go to the head of the class!