Monday 8 July 2013

Drama at Penny Black class.

I took a class on Friday, using Penny Black stamps.... fun but not without it's dramas.    Nothing seem to go right for me....

First up, a card using the free stamp I got....
giggles picture 
 We were given some glitter card to stamp the image on as well as some gorgeous PP's.  My drama..... I used the wrong ink... Archival black instead of Momento so when I went to start adding my Copics.... the ink bleed.  YUCK... and because I didn't do my colouring till I got home.... due to me not reading my email correctly and didn't take my colouring medium with me to class!  So there was NO more of the glitter card left.... and I really wanted to try this technique.  So out came the JAC paper and my Diamond Dazzle glitter and I made my own piece.  And stamped it with the right ink....  Here it is finished

Glittery Goodness.

Then it was onto the next card.... The drama here was all about the adage.... Measure Twice, Cut Once.... yeah... I didn't measure properly and ended up with a narrow card...

Penny Black Sympathy

I had stamped the leaves onto the PP after I had trimmed it, to what I thought was the correct size... and only when I matted and went to put it onto the base, I realised it was cut too narrow.  So my card had to be cut down to fit.  Luckily I have an Envelope Punch and was able to make an envelope to fit.

On to our third card ( still waiting to be coloured) and another drama.  We had to edge punch two sides of some PP... and you guessed it... I messed up down one side.  I missed a portion and when I went back to cut it, I over punch one little bit...what a mess... but my ribbon treatment will be moved from the bottom to the side.  Once I finished colouring the stamping I'll be able to share....

So all in all, a very INTERESTING class...  

Had a very slow trip home from work today.  What was a usually 15-20 min trip took one and a half hours.  All due to an incident that took place on the motorway early in the morning that closed a portion of motorway for nearly 15 hours.  It meant that many people diverted along my normal route.  I'm glad I don't have to do that every day.

Thanks for visiting today. 


6 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

Ah, Dawn! I was smiling at this post - we have all had days like this! Lucky for you, you saved it all and ended up with some real prizes. Interesting technique with the glitter paper. Take care and be careful on that drive home!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn, what a list of inventive remedies you have had to use!! A somewhat fraught learning experience for all that!
I do like the results though :-)
What a slow trip home you had - should be better today!
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

There are days like this, BUT so glad not many! Your cards turned out good. I especially like the narrow card, just something about it.

Greta said...

I love both these cards, Dawn! I'd say you recovered nicely from the drama & I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who fouls up in classes--LOL!

Isha Gupta said...

Such fun post Dawn, it made me smile. I love your cards so much and that colored image on glitter is just soooo special :)

Monika Reeck said...

the first card looks woooowww it is adorable Dawn love the effect...the second one is also beautiful love those flower...hugs