Sunday 19 May 2013

Deborah sets a Challenge................

Yes, did Deborah set a challenge or what!!!  Today was a 90 minute scramble over on the Hero Arts Flickr group.   So the hostess was Deborah and she really came up with a challenge and a half....


1. Music (stamps, song lyrics, music-themed paper, etc.)
2. Heavenly bodies (stars, moon, sun, etc.)
3. NO green ink or cardstock (okay in a pattern paper, though)
4. At least one ink that isn't black or brown (you can use black or brown, but we need to see another color of ink in there somewhere)

So there I was at 8.00am on a Sunday morning and do you think I could find my Hero Arts Musical background stamp.... I must have spent almost 10 minutes looking.... then I thought...last time I used it was at Christmas.... was it with my Christmas stamps... yes there it was.... and then by the 18 minute mark, I still didn't have an idea. 

Then inspiration...

You're a Star


I used Dried Marigold distress ink to stamp the Musical background and then distressed the edges.   I had major issues with the sentiment stripe.  I must have stamped it three times.  Twice I smudged the ink.  The stars and sentiment are from Teddy Bo & Co.  I tied some yellow twine around the panel.   It was all mounted on a cream card base.

I thought I'd do another card and started off stamping the music background in black and used some distress inks to colour.... but wait.... is that green ink I spy.... darn it... that piece will have to be used somewhere else....  so with about 20 minutes to go, I had another go.

Music


I used a blue Distress ink to stamp the musical background and used some soft colour inks to cover the background.  I used the computer to make the sentiment and cut it out with an oval Spellbinder die and used the Floral Ovals to cut a mat in the blue.   I finished with some silver stars.   Just got it finished with about 2 mins to spare.  Now I'm not so happy with this one, and feel it might get reconstructed at some time.

So thank you Deborah for providing a great challenge on this scramble... a great start to my day.

8 comments:

Pajalu said...

Dawn wow you amaze me! Two cards in 90 minutes - Way to go. I love both of your cards & can't decide which I like better.

debby4000 said...

these are fabulous, my favourite it the first one.
luv
Debby

kiwimeskreations said...

Great cards Dawn - what a challenge for the time frame!! I really like the first one, and the sentiment on the second one is great .
Blessing
Maxine

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Dawn - lovely cards! I especially like the first one with the stars - beautiful distressing and the colors are so pretty!

I wanted to thank you for the goodies that arrived in the meantime - great stuff - I actually used something already - will post it soon! Thanks again and have a great day!

Cornelia

Greta said...

2 terrific cards, Dawn! I especially liked the first one--fabulous background!

Isha Gupta said...

Both your cards are nice Dawn. I love the first one ...the color and the distressing :)
TFS

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful job with the Scramble, Dawn! I love how you used the Music BG! The layering and design are fabulous! I love the sentiment on the 2nd card! How awesome!

Arlene said...

I never purchased the music background but I love how everyone uses it. Love the shabby chic of your first card and oh my gosh, how literal the second sentiment was. Music all around!