Sunday 25 November 2012

Black and White @ Red Carpet Studio

It's time for another card challenge over at Red Carpet Studio.  And the theme this week is Black and White.  I love the monochromatic look of Black and White so this was a fun challenge for me.

Black and White


I was inspired by a card from Lin.  I stamped the Leaf and Floral background with Versafine Onyx Black (definitely need a reinker here!)   and layered it onto the base card, adding some stripes of black card.  I stamped the sentiment with   Archival Jet Black, mounting onto black card.  The rolled rose is a MFT Die-namcis die.  Leaves from a Sizzix mini die.

Pop over to the blog and see what the rest of the team came up with.  And join us with your black and white cards.  And don't forget that we are looking for some guest designers.

I am please to say that our drain issues have resolved themselves without hubby having to crawl under the house and without having to get a plumber in!   

Hope your weekend is going well.... I've got most of the craft space tidied at last... just need to sort out my paper stash.  I tend to collect freebie papers from magazines and buy 6 x 6 pads and then not use them!  

12 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful card...such a lovely design and colours.xxx

Isha Gupta said...

This is just Amaaazing Dawn. Love the play of Black n white. Wonderful. TFS

CinnamonSally said...

Wow I love this card Dawn, Black and white make for a really striking card.

Greta said...

I can see why Lin's card inspired you & I love your version, Dawn! Fabulous black & white creation!

Virginia L. said...

SWOON!! This is stunning and sophisticated, Dawn! Love the details and stamping! Isn't Lin's work inspiring!? Love this, Dawn!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
This card is bold and dramatic, using the different hue on the floral bg,is good composition and breaks it up beautifully; it would have looked too harsh if your ink pad had been juicy, you have created some tonality, so therefore some texture.
Great Card
Smiles:)
Sue

debby4000 said...

Wonderful beautiful card.
luv
Debby

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow dawn, this is bold and beautiful! Love it.
Blessings
Maxine

Kelly Booth said...

Such a Pretty Card Love the Black and White!!

Pajalu said...

Dawn I saw this over at Red Carpet & thought it looked amazing. Such a beautiful card. I love your version of Lin's card.

Stamp with Angela said...

Stunning in black and white.

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and gorgeous!! The flower is stunning!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts