Saturday 29 September 2012

I'm not a Senior Citizen.....

Here in New Zealand when you turn 65 you are eligible to receive national Superannuation and are classed as a Senior Citizen.  One of the leaders at work is turning 65 shortly and I was asked to make her a card..... She is always saying she is NOT going to be a Senior Citizen... but stay young and frivolous!!!!!!!!!  ( me too when I make this age in 10 years)

So I decided to do a humorous card ... and where better to find the perfect image... than Bugaboo Digital stamps.    I never fail to find something just perfect there... and this was no exception...

65th Birthday


I changed the sentiment to suit what Barbs always says!

I used Copics to colour the image and some pretty Summer PP's.  The design is loosely based on a sketch from My Favorite Things.   

Entering this into Simon Says Stamp ~ anything goes Challenge.

Tonight Daylight Saving Time starts in NZ... springing forward one hour!  This really is the sign that summer is on its way.  Hubby put up the umbrella on the deck and we went out an bought tomato plants, lettuce plants, cucumber plants and pea seeds.  So tomorrow will be out in the garden planting!    Today the temperate was up to 20 degrees ( 68 F) so it's warming up.

Enjoy your weekend all.

Dawn

6 comments:

Lin said...

I'm almost there! CUTE sentiment, Dawn - she'll love it! So glad to hear that you are entering into your spring planting season - there is nothing better than fresh vegies - yumm! Here, ours are all winding down....

Barb said...

Oh, how I wish we were heading into summer here! Have fun in the garden, Dawn! Love this fun, humorous card - your co-worker will love it!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great card Dawn with great adaptations for the occasion :-)
I have lettuces, brassicas and some beetroot in - too cold down hee for tomatoes yet. My DIL is starting my tomaesto plants over in Tga for me :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Jay Gee said...

LOL... this is brilliant Dawn. I just love how you personalised the card by changing the sentiment :) Have fun gardening!

Suzanne C said...

Dawn this is just perfect! Love how you added your own sentiment to fit her saying! Fab card!

Nancy K said...

Wonderful personalized card, Dawn, so perfect for the occasion!