Monday 18 June 2012

CASE Study # 95


If you want to see Mygrafico Monday Feature post ~ scroll on down, or pop in here.
********************************************************************************
Over at CASE Study this month,  the muse is none other than the uber talented Joy Taylor.  I didn't get time to play last week, and with only a day or so left, I decided I need to get organised and play along.

Here's the card Joy chose to inspire us to CASE. 

Isn't it just stunningly beautiful.

So here's my take on this wonderful card.

Case Study


I followed Joy's basic design, but used a Hero Arts/BasicGrey border stamp to represent the die cuts. I stamped in with Stone Wash mid-tone shadow ink.  I also used a big blue butterfly ( kindly sent to me ages ago by Arlene) with my flower.  It was a watercolour paper flower I was practising on.  I added some silver and pink gems for the centre.  My offering is inconsequential compare to the amazing creation by Joy, but I am happy with the outcome.  I really like the CAS look I achieved with this card.

I should be preparing for another job interview tomorrow... but it seems I've had heaps of practise of late..... maybe this time, I'll get a team leader job again... but if not.... well so be it.  As long as I give it my best shot...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my little part of the blog world.

Dawn 



20 comments:

Vanessa said...

Your card is so pretty, Dawn! I am keeping my fingers crossed for your job interview!!! Vanessa x

Stamp with Angela said...

A lovely card. I love your flower with the butterfly behind it. What a clever idea to use the border stamp instead of the die cuts.

Lin said...

Great case, Dawn - love that you put a butterfly behind your flower!!

joy said...

Love your version of Joy's card, Dawn! The butterfly behind the flower is, indeed, very clever!

Barb said...

Beautiful take on Joy's card, Dawn! Good luck on getting the team leader job!

Kara Lynne said...

So clever with that butterfly behind the flower. Beautiful card, Dawn!

Isha Gupta said...

Good luck for the interview Dawn.
Your card is just Awesome. Love it!!!

Monika Reeck said...

Great case card Dawn and love the blue on white...totally lovely color combo...how are you today dear...here is 32 degree celcius...many german people feeling too hot here :) big hugs

Nancy K said...

Lovely version of Joy's inspiration. I love how you pulled all the pieces together to make this special card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Dawn - love you case - it is really elegant, and I love the flower over the butterfly. wonderful touch.
Blessings
Maxine

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
You have cased the card beautifully,
Placing the butterfly underneath the flower works well.
Smiles:)
Sue

Maureen said...

LOVE that blossom layered on the flower! Genius! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

Jay Gee said...

Great CASE of Joy's card Dawn - this looks fabulous :)

Cathy A said...

Dawn what a great idea to substitute the leaves for a butterfly behind the flower

Elizabeth Allan said...

How clever to use a butterfly for the base of the flower!

Deirdre said...

Stunning - love what you created Dawn. Great take on Joy's card. Love that flower layered on the butterfly - stunning.

Maureen Morton said...

Such a great take on a wonderful card by a true design master (isn't she wonderful?). Love your color combo and how you layered the flower with the butterfly - great idea! Lovely!

Clare said...

fabulous card! Love it! thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Greta said...

Lovely CASE, Dawn! Good luck with the interview!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful take on the inspiration card. Lovely flower on the butterfly!