Tuesday 29 May 2012

Monochromatic Magic

That's the challenge over at Penny Black Saturday challenge this week.  I pulled out an older Penny Black clear set called "Enjoy Life" and used the birds to do a blue monochromatic card


Monochromatic Blues

I stamped the birds in Stone Wash shadow ink from Hero Arts.  I used an aqua pen to use the Stone Wash ink and Soft Pool ink to add a bit of colour.   Finished with some dots of Stickles.  The sentiment by Hastings Rubber Stamps is stamped in the Stone Wash ink.  I cut out the image with a Spellbinders Floral Oval die and while I still had the image in the die, I sponged with some Soft Pool ink.  I'm loving this new Spellbinders die.  It is so pretty.  The card base is a very dark blue that has a bit of texture on it.   And I added a white satin ribbon and big bow.

And here is a little pic of my work in progress for my Shabby Chic card. 
Work in Progress

The flower dried beautifully overnight and is looking good.  Hopefully later this evening I will get it finished ~ after watching Masterchef NZ.


Thanks for peeking into my world today... take care
Dawn

12 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this monochromatic card Dawn - the image is so sweet and you have used the colours to perfection.
Blessings
Maxine

Stamp with Angela said...

A wonderful monochromatic card Dawn. I love the die you used. Such a cute image too.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hi Dawn
You do realise you are multi-tasking; completing a card while in the process of designing another! Your PB card is a wonderful CAS and I love the look, and the Shabby Chic flower is gorgeous, all is looking good for a successful outcome here, careful now Dawn don't do too much!!!!!!!! hA hA
Smiles:)
Sue

Barb said...

Gorgeous card, Dawn! Your shading looks beautiful and so perfect! Your shabby chic one is looking awesome - good luck with the finishing touches - I know it'll be fab! :)

Nancy K said...

Serious creativity happening at your place recently, Dawn. That card is a beauty! I can't wait to see your finished shabby chic card, too!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous way you used that sweet bird stamp. Love the way that flower turned out - I would love to see how you made it!

Greta said...

LOVE your monochromatic card, Dawn! I'll have to try & get something done for that challenge--you've inspired me! I'm wishing I'd gotten that gorgeous die, so guess it goes on my wishlist! Love the colors & piercing on your Shabby Chic card--can't wait to see the finished product!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn when I saw your monochromatic card in the Penny Flickr gallery I gasped -- absolutely beautiful!

This shabby chic is gorgeous "in progress" and I can't wait for the big reveal!

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous Monochromatic card Dawn. Love your work in progress card. TFS

Maureen Morton said...

Love this look, Dawn! I never think to shade with my dies in place - thanks for the reminder! Love that die and the monochromatic style here. What is really good is that this is beautiful, yet still easy to mail. Love, love, love!

Anita Rex said...

Oooo I am excited to see this shabby card! Love today's fantastic job with monochromatic!

Kath Stewart said...

wow dawn..such a gorgeous card...great job..thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx