Tuesday 24 April 2012

More Butterflies.

I really LOVE butterflies.... so Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger really called to me.....here's the inspiration photo
In my tidy up the other day I came across some punched butterflies.   If I have a background I don't like or it didn't go well, I will punch out flowers or butterflies.  I'm not sure why I did this with the background I had.... but I had a whole bunch of butterflies.

Butterfly Waterfall

They reminded me of a waterfall of butterflies.  I just added lots of the butterflies to a piece of PP from MME that I had on my desk.  It has a subtle doily pattern.    I used a coral card from Rosies Studio as my base.  The sentiment is from Kaisercraft.

I had such fun putting this together.   I have also entered this one into Our Creative Corner's Challenge ~ Butterflies.

Tomorrow is a Public Holiday in NZ and Australia to celebrate Anzac Day.  It honours the soldiers of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps who fought at Gallipoli during World War I.  My hubby will be getting up super early to attend the Dawn Service at the local RSA (Return Serviceman's Association).   I'm planning a quiet day, doing some card making.  I might try some submissions for Papercrafts Mag.   Christmas cards in April!

Have a great week
Dawn

14 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Dawn. Love all the textures. Good luck with the PC submission.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Dawn, and what an innovative way to use a back ground that you are not happy with - I must remember that!
All the best with your cards tomorrow - I will still be helping DD with the new baby :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Gayatri said...

Great take on Tuesday Trigger, Dawn! And great idea too to punch backgrounds you are not happy with. Thanks for sharing it. Beautiful card.

Pajalu said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Dawn. I love it. Have a great day tomorrow, I hope the weather is good for your dawn service, it's predicted to rain here (we're in a drought no rain for 4 days!). Emsy, Doug & John (Doug's dad) are all going to the services here xoxoxoxo

Maureen Morton said...

What a find - these beautiful butterflies! A perfect combo with this paper for a lovely creation. Thanks for sharing about your holiday - I love to learn non-crafting things.

Betty said...

your waterfall is just beautiful - a winner i think!

joy said...

Dawn, I love this plethora of butterflies!!! And, they look so pretty against that subtle patterned paper you used. Very nice work! Good luck with your subs!

Barb said...

Love the way your beautiful butterflies cascade down the card, Dawn - so pretty!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
I am so pleased that you joined us this week at Our Creative Corner. What a a beautiful monochromatic card you have made, the colour palette is fresh and cool but it also has warmth through your soft red, and the butterflies create wonderful movement.
Smiles:)
Sue

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your gorgeous, butterfly card.
luv
Debby

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous Dawn - love that cascade of butterflies, Jo x

Greta said...

What a fun card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Dawn! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous trail of butterfly!