Sunday 24 July 2011

Wine Tag Cards

We had a double 50th to go to last night... Lester turns 50 in a couple of weeks and his wife Trudy was 50 a couple of weeks past... so they decided to have the party in the middle.  It was a 70's party and every one got into the theme.... Hubby wore an old colourful vest of mine ( made many years ago and now relegated to the dress up box) with an afro hair wig and a peace sign.  I just wore one of my retro tunics with tights.  A bit like a mini skirt!  Some people really got into and hired costumes.... lots of mini skirts and white boots... big hair and bell bottoms... a really fun night.

We had decided to give them a bottle of wine each as they had said no presents.... so I made wine tag cards for them.

Trudy's card


For Trudy, I used a Penny Black stamp and sentiment.  Coloured with Copics and added glossy accents for bubbles.  I inked the edges with Spun Sugar distress ink.

Lester's card


For Lester, this fisherman is from a set by Sullivans.  Lester has a boat and goes out fishing a bit over the summer.  This really took my fancy.  Edged the panel and card with Pumice Stone Distress ink.

And this was the bottle of wine we got for Lester:
Funny label

It made us laugh.   Why?  'Cause my hubby is Peter ~ oft called Pete.  We also used to live in Central Otago when we first met.  I like the little note from Pete as well...a man and his shed!

Hope the weekend has been good to you all.... my heart goes out to the people of Norway... what a terrible thing to have happened.

Take care

Dawn

6 comments:

Virginia L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virginia L. said...

These wine tags are hilarious!! I wish I can make wine and make these cute tags (LOL)!! Lester is going to have a chuckle and really enjoy the gift!! I'm sad for Norway, too!

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, sounds like you had a great night out. Love the tags (I have both of these sets & love them). Also love the wine label. I too feel for the people of Norway :{ xoxoxoxoxo

Barb said...

Your wine tags are adorable, Dawn and the party sounds like a riot! Fun wine bottle too! Praying for Norway. . .

Lisa said...

Love the ory behind the wine bottle and the tags seem so fitting for each of them- well done :) I am certain they brought smiles to your friend's faces.
Still reading more about Norway..what a terribly sad and tragic event. Things like this are hard to really wrap your head around....

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous and Fun wine tags!