Thursday 21 July 2011

Christmas in July

Over at Bugaboo Stamps challenge site ~ Catch The Bug~ there is a week long set of mini challenges.  All about Christmas in July.   Monday was to use non-traditional colours, Tuesday to use the free image ~ Christmas Ruby~ available here and Wednesday was to use a sketch

I have downloaded Ruby but still have to make a card with here.... but last night, used another Bugaboo image to use the sketch.
Christmas in July
I used watercolour pencils to colour in my image and hunted through my stash to find Christmas papers.  I finished with a red flower and crocheted the green one while I was waiting for the glossy accents to dry.  

These images that Jodie has created are so cute.  Go see what she has in store.  And every Friday she has a Freebie... that are adorable and funny and down right hilarious at times.

Nearly the weekend ~ Yeah~  

Take care

Dawn

7 comments:

Vicky said...

Lovely and christmas-y. I adore your crocheted flower. You will have to teach me how to make them one day :) xx

Barb said...

Oh my goodness, Dawn, this is so fun! Fabulous, bright colors! Love it!

Tammy said...

Cute card, and I love the bright colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!
Tammy :)

Jodie Mackrell said...

great card! very colorful! thank you for playing Bugaboo's challenge at catch the bug!

Isha Gupta said...

Lovely card Dawn. Its so nice and different to see bright Christmas colors in July;))

Melissa S. said...

What a great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Bugaboo this week.

Lisa said...

I can't even think abut xmas right now!! Love the grouchy looking Ruby :)