Sunday 12 June 2011

Inspired by Jacqueline and Susan

At Stamping group yesterday I had inspiration from two of my favouritest people... the lovely Susan (who I am happy to say lives very close to me).... and Jacqueline (who lives a long way away but inspires me with her beautiful soft and pretty cards and tags)

Starting with Susan... one rather special lady... she makes very beautiful and intricate cards that often have hand stitching on them ~ something that is not easy for her to do.... I love the way she makes them.  She has taught me how to make beautiful watercoloured backgrounds as well... But yesterday I was inspired to try some sewing on some pretty patterned paper.  I did the sewing at home and took the piece to group, to pick her brains on how to complete the card....
Inspired  by Susan

The purple butterfly and the brad in my crochet flower were her suggestions... and yes Sue, they did work!  I haven't put a sentiment on it yet... may wait till I use the card to do so...

Now on to Jacqueline.... another very special and courageous lady currently suffering some health issues... I have oft admired the cards and tags Jacqueline makes... I am the lucky owner of one or two.  Anyway of late, Jacqueline has been using a Hero Arts Frame stamp to perfection.  I bought the stamp and then was a bit daunted to use it as I felt my work would not be up to the wonderful standard of hers.  However this week I jumped right in and used it... first on my little owl card (here) and then these two cards...
Orange Frame


Inspired by Jacqueline


Both use other Hero Arts Stamps and Distress Inks.  The orange one also as a Rubbadubbadoo stamp along the bottom. The background paper for the second one was made with Pearlescent water colours paints that I used following Sue's instructions.  Looks really stunning for real.  I finally felt these came up to standard and I feel more confident using the stamp now.  Thank you to both of these ladies for their inspiring work.

I have entered these into Virginia's  Stamp your Hero HeArt out challenge.

And a big thanks to my lovely readers.... I do appreciate that someone out there visits and leaves me comments...

Have a great week... I will be!!!!  Something special happening on Tuesday....

Take care


Dawn

11 comments:

Nancy K said...

Lovely, lovely work Dawn! You did Jacqueline and the Simple Frame proud with your cards...they are both so gorgeous. And I love the stitching on that first card, such a clever way to add a border. How fun that Susan lives close by to be your inspiration. I have a friend named Sue who keeps me creative too.
I'm giving you my thanks for all of your visits and sweet comments, you have really encouraged me in the last few months, Dawn and I appreciate you.
hugs!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hi Dawn
Firstly, many thanks for the kind mentions you wrote in your post.
The butterfly looks wonderful,and you adding the tulle behind the crochet flower just draws the eye instantly to that corner.
All three cards are beautifully created by you, Jacqueline and myself may inspire you, but YOU create the card, and you have some treasures here.
Smiles:)

donna mikasa said...

Such lovely cards, Dawn! The crocheted flower and lace are the perfect touch on your first card and I love your Jacqueline inspired cards. The frames "frame" your cards perfectly! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the first soft and pretty card. The frame cards are beautiful! I love Jacqueline's frame cards too and yours are gorgeous!

Barb said...

Dawn, that first card is absolutely gorgeous! Love all the details and added elements and your stitching frames it beautifully! So glad you're having fun with the Simple Frame! Both of those cards are so pretty!

Pam said...

Hi Dawn
I love all these cards. The stitched card came out beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing with me at Stamp Group... I may not have achieved much but I had fun all the same. Take care and Happy Days for Tuesday! Pam

Isha Gupta said...

All 3 cards are superb Dawn. Love the softness in the first one. This frame stamp look so pretty. TFS.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Ooh, I know what's happening on Tues...:) Lovely and enchanting cards, Dawn. I, too, am inspired by the lace frame and have yet to purchase it. I can see it framing any image beautifully!

Jacqueline said...

Well Dawn, you are one sweet, warm and kind lady yourself and your cards are absolute gems! Love all of these cards, just beautiful!

Anita Rex said...

Dawn what a lovely post!!! I love the sweet comments on your friends and how you were inspired by them! And such lovely cards in result!! You should enter this into Virginia's challenge!

Virginia L. said...

Hi Dawn! Gorgeous cards inspired by two special ladies!! I really like the frame cards inspired by Jacqueline! Thanks for entering the Stamp Your Hero HeARTs Out Challenge! Can you please edit/mention my challenge in your post also? Thanks!!