Sunday 20 March 2011

I went to Craft Expo 2011

Had an amazingly fun filled day on Friday... I took the day off work to go visit the Craft Expo 2011.  This is the first time it has been here in Auckland.  It was full of wonderful stalls and workshops with alsorts of crafts... Beading, quilting and patchwork, sewing, paper crafts and stamping, folk painting... I did two workshops... one where we used a napkin to add an image to some board and paint on it....
Cherubs and Hearts workshop

I haven't finished this yet as I feel it needs something more... just not 100% sure what... I have added some gold stamping in the corners.... maybe some tulle or lace or a flower?  Suggestions welcome...

My second workshop was a card session with Stamp Zone... We used an Inkadinkado stamp to make 2 cards... very much geared to total beginners... but I enjoyed it anyway... of course I did things my own way.... added some extra bits and bobs...

I added the flower and changed the centre of the embellishment... ( had to do that as I didn't add it at class and lost the centre of it on the way home)
Bird on a Branch class sample 2

this one is a smallish one and inside has some interesting detail.


There was also a bonus project.. a wine label card... I did this at home



I also watched a number of demos at Scottie Crafts.... including using Tim Holtz stains.... I SO NEED these.... they are wonderful... but I didn't get any yet as I had a bit of a spend up on stamps and spellbinders earlier in the day... plus some embellishments and papers... 3 sheets of 12 x 12 paper for $1 and 50 flowers for $3...    the only downside to the day out was the horrendous traffic getting there in the morning.  Took 70 mins to go 25 kms.  Only took 30 mins going home!!!! 


Busy weekend, not much done today other than making some background watercolours.  Enjoying the last of the lovely summer weather. 


Enjoy your weekend...

11 comments:

Vicky said...

I love craft expos. There is one in Brissy next weekend that I want to go to. Love the cards. What do you do with all the cards you make? I've always wondered?? Hehehe. Lots of love xx

Barb said...

Sounds like the perfect day, Dawn! How fun that you were able to create so many things! Love them all. . .that bird image is beautiful!

Sanne said...

What a perfect day Dawn ;) You have been very busy - nice projects!

Lin said...

What a fun creative day you had, Dawn! Everything turned out beautifully!

Kathy said...

Sounds like a wonderful day and beautiful cards too. My fav is the second one even though you didn't ask..lol
Hugs, Kathy

Virginia L. said...

Glad that you had fun! Love the second card also! I know what you mean about sepdning at the craft fair...it's hard to say NO to ourselves, isn't it?

Isha Gupta said...

Sounds like fun Dawn. Love your napkin creation n the second card....I've never been to a craft fair.

Pajalu said...

Dawn it sounds wonderful, your day. Those cards are all beautiful & I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time. Plus a huge CONGRATS on your exciting news. I am so very happy for you :D xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Dawn T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my gosh, looks like you had tons of fun and I love all the bird cards, there's just something about a bird image that is always pleasing to the eye! I don't think I've been to a real craft fair, maybe someday, I'm hoping to make it to just CHA!

Suzanne C said...

Sounds like a tremendous amount of fun and love what you produced! Beautiful!