Friday 4 February 2011

A Valentine's Gift

Valentines is not celebrated here in New Zealand to the same extent as overseas so I jumped at the chance to make a Valentines Card as part of a Hero Arts Flickr Group exchange organised by the lovely Anita.....
I got to sent a card to Elise and I received a gift card from Amy

My card to Elise
Valentine's card ( WMC#40)

See this post for details  

and this is what arrived from Amy

That's a delightful Hero Arts Cling stamp called Cherries and some lovely pearls.  Wasn't Amy just so generous.

Hubby arrived back on Wednesday afternoon feeling very tired.... fall asleep in his chair watching TV at 9.30 Wed and at 8.30 last night.... it really takes it out of you.... but he's back in the air next Friday.... going with his younger brother for the funeral.  They get back the following Friday...    I have been spending my time with him, so no cards made.... although I have sneaked in to the craft room to make some flowers... so my stash of hand made flowers is growing... will share some over the weekend.

Enjoy your weekend, hopefully not too cold and snowy for my USA/Canada/European readers!!!  I'm just hot and sweaty here again,..  high humidity and warm temperatures.

10 comments:

Deirdre said...

Beautiful cards - thanks for sharing.

~amy~ said...

Your card to Elise is gorgeous....glad my card/goodies made it all the way over to you:) happy friday!!!

Barb said...

Dawn what a beautiful card you've sent to Elise! Love the Magical Background and your gorgeous image! How sweet of Amy to send some goodies. . .love her card too!

CinnamonSally said...

Both cards are lovely Dawn, I love the frame on the card you made for Elise and Amys card is so pretty, lovely goodies too.

So glad you husband is home safely, it must be such a long flight to the UK and he is doing it again next week and for such a sad occasion. Sending hugs to you both.
Sallyx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
Glad Peter arrived home safely, you will be pleased to have his company again even though it curtails your card making, we will allow you this time out........
Looking forward to seeing the flowers.
The cards are lovely and lucky you receiving a gift.
Smiles:)

Sanne said...

Lovely, gorgeous caards since my last visit Dawn! I so enjoyed my visit to LA and to the CHA. I were so lucky to meet all the guys from HeroArts - now I´m back home with a terrible jetlag :)
Hugs Sanne

Tiffany Ervin said...

What a lovely card you made, I love that die-cut shape! And so sweet of Amy to tuck in something special inside the card!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Love the silhouette card, Dawn!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful cards! Poor hubby. Tough time for all of you. Sending prayers and hugs.

stampingandstitching said...

Your card is stunning, Dawn and I love Amy's gorgeous card! What lovely goodies too! Your poor hubby must be exhausted with everything.