Sunday 17 October 2010

PDCC #51 Christmas

This weeks challenge at Play Date Cafe is to use soft blue, beige and a minty green.

This is what I came up with. The card base is a mint green and the layer on top is sand beige. I stamped in a very light green distress ink the Lace Background. The sentiment is stamped in Tumbled Glass ( looks much better and clearer in real life)The circle is the Starry Night stamp clear embossed onto a piece of card that was coloured with Tumbled Glass and Broken China. I used some glitter in white and green to add sparkle to the trees.  I added some pale blue ribbon and a snowflake coloured with Aqua alcohol ink with a pale green pearl in the centre. I added a few small pearls  as well to the circle.
These are not colours I would normally use, so this was a challenge to me.  I was surprised I even found a mint green piece of card in my stash. 
I am having a bit of a crafty afternoon while waiting to head off to see "Simply Red" perform.  Part of hubby's birthday present.  The concert starts at 7.00 so we will head off and have something to eat in town before going.   

Thanks for stopping by.

15 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the circle with the trees in there. Lovely background and lovely design.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful holiday card, the pine tree image looks great with your design. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Maria said...

Lovely card! The circle image is so pretty!

Barb said...

So pretty, Dawn! I love that you placed the Starry Night inside the beautiful circle! Wonderful take on these colors! Hope you had a fun night with your hubby! :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

I love the colours and I love the design. I can see it would look great in real time.
Smiles:)

Sarah Anderson said...

Those trees look fab on the circular base :) Thanks so much for playing along in the cafe this week :)

Lin said...

Dawn, I LOVE your card - genius to cut a circle from the starry night image - I'm stealing that idea immediately :) Wonderful take on this challenge - best of luck!

Virginia L. said...

Love your interpretation for the inspiration photo! Beautiful background with the tree image! Love it!

Ruby said...

This is really pretty Dawn. I love how you've done the trees and the little snowflake finishes it off perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, love the colors and the way you put the trees in the circle. The pearls are a nice touch. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy said...

I love how you got your inspiration from a leaf Dawn and the card is stunning. Love the soft colors and the simplicity. Hugs,Kathy

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful! Lovely focal image and wonderful use of our colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I love that focal circle--beautifully created! I love that you found a piece of mint green paper in your stash! Great card--Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the PDCC!!

Monika Reeck said...

the Images looks like I see outside of my window..very nice interpretation Dawn and nice sentiment too...love the color you used here...hugs

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! This is beautiful! :-)