Saturday 24 July 2010

Tag Tuesday challenge #60 Faces

I thought I'd give Louise's challenge a go this week.  The theme is Faces... Wasn't sure what I wanted to do.

I had this vintage image on my computer. Not sure where I found it... but used Photoshop Elements to crop just the face and printed it out of photo paper.  I then distress the edge with Fired Brick ink.  My cream tag was sponged with Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick and a touch of Dusty Concord.  The Hero Arts Antique Background was stamped in Fired Brick.  Added a bit of Lace under the photo and a flower over the centre of the butterfly.  Think I'm starting to get this vintage/shabby chic thing!!!

Tonight our we are going to a neighbourhood dinner as a farewell to our neighbours of 15 years...  Robyn and Barry have lived across the drive from us for that long!!!  We've been in this house almost 18 years... There are 8 of us having a lovely dinner together at Natalie and Murray's place.  I'm taking the dessert... Lemon Meringue Pie and Fruit Kebabs.  I've got pineapple, melon, mango, kiwifruit and marshmallows.  Wrong season other wise would have strawberries.... The pie is almost ready to come out the oven.  I used fresh lemons off the tree round at my son's flat.  We got a whole bag full last weekend when we were round there for lunch.

Just shooed the cat outside as I've left the pie on the bench to cool.... last weekend I left a piece of pork on the bench to defrost and forgot it when we went out.... came home to find a corner chewed off.... Had to cut it off !!!!!  Was rather annoyed with the cat ( and myself)

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.  Take care

6 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous vintage/shabby chic tag, Dawn! The background looks brilliant and the photo with the touch of lace is so beautiful!

Your desserts sound yummy and it's brilliant that you were able to use fresh lemons from your son's place. I'm giggling at your cat story too - I know our Toby wouldn't have been able to resist the pork either!

Have a great weekend!

Barb said...

Love this tag, Dawn! Your background is so pretty! That's a beautiful image! I love the way you partially stamped the butterfly!

Jill said...

Love the vintage feel of the picture and all of your distressing! The flower makes a fantastic center to the butterfly--I don't think I've ever seen that before- so creative!

Tomo H. said...

Gorgeous tag, Dawn! Love your vintage and shabby chic style. The sheer ribbon and the lace add this a perfect touch!

Haha! Did the bad outside kitty say "I'm lucky to find the defrosting pork!", when he/she found it? *giggle*
Hope all of you had a wonderful farewell dinner party.

Suzanne C said...

Love your vintage tag. The image is wonderful. Sounds like a delicious dinner and your pie sounds fantastic. The fruit yummy. (I feel like I am at Virginia's blog. LOL!)

Monika Reeck said...

nice small Images and the colors is wonderful Dawn...great Tag...