Wednesday 7 July 2010

Summer Tag - Tag Tuesday challenge.

Thought I was too late for Louise's Tag Tuesday challenge, but luckily it is a two week challenge with the theme being Summer.
I had some left over background PP that I had made for an card - I used Joy's technique of smooshing the ink onto the craft sheet and spritzing with water ( in this case pearlised water) and using it as the stamp-pad... I used Tea Dye and Wild Honey distress inks and the conch shell from a Hero Arts set.


I used my Tag spellbinder to cut out a tag.  I added a couple of shells in Rich Cocoa for contrast, added some lace hearts and the Cosmo Cricket little letters.  The bathing beauty image was located at The Graphics Fairy blog.  I printed it out at 30% onto some photo paper and used a pair of scallop scissor to make it like a stamp.   I was rather pleased with the outcome.

Feeling much better today... the pain seems to have mostly gone.  And having my hair cut made me feel like a new woman!!!  I am in the process of growing it a bit... at that horrid stage - not long enough and not short enough... but will work through it. 

Thanks for stopping by.. hope the week has been going well for you... nearly the weekend!!! 

14 comments:

Lin said...

WOW, Dawn, this is super! Love the shell background for this fun old photo! Everything isperfect together!

Barb said...

Great tag, Dawn! Love the pretty shell background and fun vintage photo! So glad to hear that your pain is nearly gone! Hugs!

Virginia L. said...

You pulled this off so BEAUTIFULLY, Dawn! I love all the elments in this tag! Simply awesome!

stampingandstitching said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a lot better Dawn! Gorgeous tag. Love the photo but can't imagine trying to swim in that costume! Your background goes perfectly with it!

Jill said...

This turned out amazing! LOVE IT! The background is fabulous!

Monika Reeck said...

woow Dawn ...the BG made by shell is soo adorable I never try with this color...oh so lovely Dawn..awesome vintage tag..your creation day by day more great my dear..hugs

Suzanne C said...

Love your tag. The image is so fun! Great background and use of the smooshing technique.

Sanne said...

Lovely vintage tag Dawn :)

Deirdre said...

Dawn, I just adore your tag.... so beautiful. I bet you are happy with how it turned out... love it.

Deirdre said...

Dawn, I just adore your tag.... so beautiful. I bet you are happy with how it turned out... love it.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow Dawn! Those seashells in the background look fantastic and the photo compliments your entire color scheme so well! Love the little square letters!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great tag, congrats for the plug on Hero Arts! Well done.

Ayana Posadas said...

What a gorgeous tag! :)

donna mikasa said...

Love your vintage "bathing beauty" tag! I like the contrast of the alpha stickers with the summery yellow!