Friday 2 July 2010

A slow week......

It's been a slow week - lots of cold weather, rain and not many cards made... been so busy catching up on blogs and surfing the net.  Been deciding on what tours to do while we are away in Europe.... got most of them booked now and the trains are all booked as well.... roll on 18th August!!!!  ( less than 7 weeks now)  Can you tell I'm getting excited!!!!

I did manage a couple of cards this week... one I can show now and the other one I'll hold off till I know the recipient has received it.
I saw a wonderful card on Flickr which I CASED... then I couldn't find it again... but luckily the talented creator recognised her work and let me know... so thanks to the uber talented Linda W ( ScrappinBari) for her inspiration here.   As you can see I copied it almost identically.  I used my computer to print the sentiment.  I used some PP by Rosie's Studio to stamp my butterflies on.   The big butterfly is by Hero Arts and the small one from a set by Rosie's studio.  This was for Diane who retired from work on Thursday after 24 years!!!!

Yesterday and today I did some shopping... spend the last of the birthday money.Yesterday got a new stamp by Hero Arts- the little Starburst...Today's purchases were from a new shop I found... called Scottie Crafts.  Has some awesome prices on their products.  Go check it out on-line.  I picked up some Distress inks very reasonably priced.  (Now half 18 out of the 36 colours)  Now just to tidy up the craft space and find space for all the new bits and pieces!!!!  Maybe tomorrow.....

Well thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend and to all my American friends... Happy 4th of July... hope it is a very special day for you all.... and for my Canadian friends hope your Canada Day was special as well.   Take care

10 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

your butterflyx is sooo magnificient Dawn (am I right in Englsih) it is so magic..love the top butterfly with so many flowers..and I wish I can meet you in Europe...are you going to Holland?I think if you go to Holland you can meet Leni :) and Lai Yoke :)

Nat said...

beautiful card, great colour combo and stunning design!!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card Dawn! Love your design and distressing! The butterflies are so beautiful too!

Wow less than 7 weeks to your trip - I can imagine how excited you are! Have fun with your new goodies!

donna mikasa said...

Great case, Dawn! =) I love how it can be an all occasion card just by changing the sentiment. Hope you have a great weekend!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Lovely golden/yellow hues on this card, really pretty Dawn! Hoping you get some nice weather soon! How lucky you are traveling again!! Sounds very exciting and looking forward to your stories about it!

Suzanne C said...

The colors on this card are fantastic! What a beautiful card!

Sanne said...

Beautiful Dawn - eventhough it´s a "copy" love your butterflies :)

Europe - where in Europe will you travel?

Sanne

Anita Rex said...

Such a pretty card! Love that butterfly! :> I would be excited for a trip to Europe too! It will be here sooner than you know!

Jill said...

Just gorgeous! Love that butterfly--it is colored beautifully!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! Beautiful card! Love all the butterflies! And thank you so much for stopping by my blog so often during my recovery! I appreciate it so very much! :-)