Friday 30 July 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge #40 - Take Two

I really like the colour challenge that Play Date Cafe have this week. Black and White are so good together and then that touch of Green.  I was chuffed to see that Hero Arts Twitter'ed yesterdays card.  It is nice to be recognised...
Anyway I still have a couple of ideas with this colour scheme and this was one of them
I started by stamping the Hero Arts Dots and Flowers background stamp onto white card and layering onto black.  Next I stamped the Star in versamark and embossed with a dark green powder.  I used square nestibilities to cut out the white and black card and rounded the corners.  Both the star and the sentiment are from a set by Rosie's Studio.  Added a couple of gems at each end.  Another one I'm also entering into Moxie Fab World - this time Clean and Graphic

Am pleased the weekend is here now... being sick has made this a bit of a funny week and I can do with the weekend just to get back on my feet.

Appreciate all the lovely comments people make and thanks for taking the time to visit me.

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS card! Love the layering and the color placement, Dawm!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Dawn! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Clean & Graphic Card Style challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card! Love the star for your pop of green! Thanks for joining in again at the PDCC!

Nancy said...

Wow, Dawn, you are really having some fun with this color combo....and fabulous fun at that! I love the Dots and Flowers background in black on white, looks wonderful on this card design!
Thanks for entering to win the Blog Candy, I appreciate your help in getting the word out.
I bet you should be pretty about now busy prepping for your trip, it's sneaking up isn't it?
Bless you lots, sweet friend!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous! Love its sweet simplicity in the design Dawn! This color combo truly is beautiful!

Barb said...

So pretty, Dawn! I love the star!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great CAS design! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Monika Reeck said...

nice using the color combo Dawn....wonderfuly done

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! I love this card--never thought of making a bday card--love it! Great job all around:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

Unknown said...

Lovely! Thanks for playing at the PDCC again!!

Ruby said...

Great CAS card! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!