Wednesday 28 July 2010

Let the Journey Begin!

Just three weeks till the Journey begins for Hubby and I.... our big trip to England and Europe (Paris, Venice and Rome).  I decided that I need to keep a journal to remember where we had been and what we had seen...  so I bought a little 4 1/4 by 5 3/4 inch note book.  Of course I had to alter the cover!!!! - to make sure it fitted the theme properly....
I started by printing out a background from this kit by Vinnie Pearce.  A fabulous freebie at 2peas.  I then used a number of the stamps from the Hero Arts set called Travel Journals. I filled in the "Where" and "When" and "Going Places"  The camera in the corner is a small set by Inkadinkado.

Inside the journal I have stamped a few of the stamps on some of the pages as well and added some plain pages with folded up edges to put ticket stubs and the like.  This size is just right for popping in my little travel bag -

So finally something to enter for Hero Arts Travel/Food and bookmaking challenge this month!

So now just counting down the sleeps till we go.........21 to go!!

8 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Oh this is gorgeous Dawn! Love the soft dreamy look of the cover! Great bg and mix of stamps! It's perfect for your travels!

Barb said...

This is going to be so nice for you to use on your trip, Dawn! Love the way it turned out!

Virginia L. said...

How FABULOUS, Dawn, that you made this for the trip!! It's going to be very useful and will be a great keepsake! I am already excited for you!!!!!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! Terrific altered travel journal! I'm so excited for you! Have a super fabulous time! :-)

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful Journal/Book. Love what you did on the cover and a great idea for your big trip. The trip sounds fantastic. So happy for you and DH!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This will be such a great journal while you're vacationing! So fun Dawn! You'll have a fabulous time, you're so lucky, enjoy each moment!

Trinh said...

What a wonderful way to keep track of your memories & keepsakes, Dawn! Love the collage you created for your cover.

Monika Reeck said...

Nice creation Dawn....nice using the travel journals stamp from HA...I wish I can visiting your country one day Dawn....