Tuesday 6 July 2010

A busy weekend...

tidying up my crafting room.... I had a major clean up and out on Saturday afternoon, reorganising my space.  ( not that you would notice now as I've been crafting for a couple of hours today) Still it is much tidier and a bit easier to find things again.  Long may it last!!!!

I didn't do much crafting over the weekend but did manage to make my little grand-niece a wee pair of itty bitty slippers....  I had seen a pair Tilly had made here and got the link to the website here.
Didn't they turn out cute.  My sewing machine is still round at my daughters so sewed these by hand and used baby wool to do the blanket stitch round the top.  Hope they will fit Chelsea.

I did make one quick card to add to a parcel I was sending off overseas...
I had used my new Starburst stamp and new Wild Honey distress ink.  I had a small strip of cardstock left over from something else so made a little mini card.  I wrapped the satin ribbon round the card and then made a bow ( with the assistance of my bow-easy) and used some glue dots to add it.  The little sentiment is by Stampin'Up!

Today I am home from work as I woke with a stiff neck and headache.  My neck has been sore since Sunday but this morning was really paining me.  I stayed in bed most of the morning with a wheat bag on it and then this afternoon I have a scarf wrapped around it and have been crafting... making my card for July's Card chain challenge.

Well take care everyone and thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, I hope that you are feeling a lot better now :). Your card is so lovely & those booties are just the cutest!!! xoxoxoxoxo

donna mikasa said...

I ADORE your baby booties! I've seen Heather Bailey before--I don't remember what she made, but she was on Martha Stewart. You should post them in her Flickr group--they're adorable! Love your card, too! Take care of your neck--it sounds painful!

ivy said...

such a CAS card---beautiful! that bow is perfect!

Barb said...

Love the sweet fabric you've used for these darling booties, Dawn. And your card is gorgeous.

Sanne said...

Cute little slippers Dawn!
Love your card with the Star Burst, too.

stampingandstitching said...

Dawn I hope you're feeling better soon. Those baby booties are absolutely adorable! Such a cute design (thanks for the link) and I love the pretty butterfly fleece you used. I LOVE your card too!

Tilly said...

Dawn, your booties turned out beautifully! Well done, and hand sewn too. Where did you get the fleece? It's such a cute design. Lovely card too. A very productive weekend for you.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh Dawn, those little booties are darling, love the butterflies on them, so precious! So glad you had some time to clean your crafting area...I need a major overhaul on mine too! My closet is a mess, have so much problems finding things!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! I love the precious baby booties you made! So adorable! And the card is just so stunning! Very elegant! :-)

Monika Reeck said...

Hallo Dawn a very cute baby shoe oh Love this...and the card is so simply but beautiful, love your tie bow...so perfect dear...hugs, Monika

Suzanne C said...

THe booties are so adorable! How cute! Love your card. Gorgeous clean and simple design. Hope your neck feels better soon!