Saturday 17 July 2010

Be yourself heart and some faux silk....

Two projects today... I made a tag for Tag Tuesday ( on Louise's site here) - to start I did not like how it turned out.... but after leaving it overnight, it didn't look so bad...
I started by sponging the entire cream tag with Tumbled Glass distress ink.  I then stamped the hearts in versamark and clear embossed.  The sponged on some other distress inks, spritzed with pearlised water and then highlighted the hearts with Chipped Sapphire ink.  Next stamped the sentiment ( Inkadinkado) and the keys ( Theresa Collins)

My next card came from some blog surfing.  In amongst some flipping through blogs I came across a tutorial for Faux Silk ( here)- scroll down the post a bit-
I had a piece of card sprayed with blue glimmer mist ( from the delightful Paula) and I used this as the basis of my silk layer.  I stamped a lace doily (Kaisercraft - from the Tea at Elise's set) in Stormy sky distress ink, and layered the crumpled tissue paper over it,  Quite pleased with the outcome.  As you can see I managed to get the photo taken outside......  a lovely winters day... the rain stopped this morning although it is looking a little ominous just now.... much warmer as well.   Managed to get the washing outside for a bit!!!  All ways good in the winter months.  (Edited 5 mins later;  all my lovely almost dry washing got rained on!!!! didn't notice the rain sitting at the computer!!)

Don't forget to pop back tomorrow for something special... I'm part of a blog hop!!!!

see ya

6 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Lovely faux silk! Love your heart tag. Looks like we were both working on them today. :) Can't wait to see your blog hop!

Jill said...

Beautiful! Love your distressing on the heart tag!

Barb said...

Gorgeous distressing on your tag, Dawn! And that Faux Silk looks amazing! What a cool technique! Going to check it out now! Thanks for sharing! :)

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous tag and card Dawn! Beautiful distressing, colours and combination of stamps on the tag! I really must try out the faux silk techique - looks wonderful!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! Wonderful projects! I love the "be yourself" sentiment and the lovely water splotchy effect on your tag! And the faux silk is just beautiful! :-)

Monika Reeck said...

The distressing on the heart tag is adorable Dawn...looks like the water there...and love the faux silk too lovely looks and nice blue card dear...hugs