Tuesday 25 May 2010

May's card chain challenge,

As many of you know, I have taken part in Deborah's Card Chain challenge from the beginning.  This month her challenge was to use these colours
or this sketch  or the theme of Friendship, Mothers Day or Memorial Day.
My recipient was Deborah March who lives in Nova Scotia.  Now I had to look up the map to see where that was!!!!!  Deborah has a great blog here.  She is one extremely talented card maker who has been recognised all over the place.  She has the most amazing tutorial on her blog for making flowers.  Go see this.
Anyway I sent off a card based on the sketch and another card with a book mark as part of it.
I had made some purple alcohol ink background and I cut a circle in half for the pieces.  The quote is from a set of by Inkadinkado kids quotes. 

For the book-mark card, I started by adding a strip of silver duct tape on the white card and embossing it with a CB border.  I added some colour to the buds with Copic pens. I then cut it to fit onto the side of a card.  I used a perforating cutter to mark down where it is torn off.  The rest of the card was decorated with a panel - made by stamping the HA cling Flourish in silver ink onto a black card wrapping some silver thread around it and mounting on silver card stock then onto the purple. The birds were made by stamping twice onto the purple card and then when I cut them out, turned one over. 

As usual I had fun making these cards and love sending them off.  I can't wait to see what I get in the post... hopefully not too long away.

Thanks for looking today, wishing you all a great day.

7 comments:

Barb said...

Love these, Dawn! The alcohol inked circles are beautiful! I can't believe that's duct tape!! Looks gorgeous! :)

Monika Reeck said...

The alcohol Inks circle looks fab Dawn and lovely book mark Dawn...love always your purple creation as I am fan of purple :) hugs

Deirdre said...

Dawn, this looks fab. Great card - bet Deborah will love it.

Deborah said...

These are lovely, Dawn - you make the best bookmarks!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wonderful mix of purples Dawn! I'm going to try alcohol inks someday! It gives a very beautiful and distinct look!

Vanessa said...

These are goregous, Dawn! Love your bookmark! I am sure she loves these!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card and love the bookmark!