Thursday 5 November 2009

Goodies this week

My mail box this week has been full.... I got a lovely big envelope from the lovely Paula. She and I have been trading stamped images and she sent me a LOT of Penny Black images with this beautiful card.  Isn't it just adorable. I loved the layout she used on the card, and she had included the image as well.  Now my friend, Sue, is a lover of anything Daisies!!!!  So I decided to have a go at colouring in the image and use the layout to make a card for her.  Sue has just passed 1 year since she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, so this card was to say - Keep Healthy.
I used my aqua crayons to colour in the image.  To achieve the look of the H2O's Paula used, I used watered down Perfect Pearls.  Then I used some yellow paper that I put through my CB to emboss with even more daisies....added a paper ribbon and strip of scalloped edged card, a couple of flowers and ribbon.    Sue just loved it when I gave it to her.

Next day in my mail box was the give away I won on Hero Art's blog.
It is the lovely Cling stamp- 3 Flowers.  Wasn't I just the luckiest.  I haven't made anything with it yet... still pondering on it, but no doubt will come up with something soon.

I won't get any cards made this weekend as we are having a family get-together at my BIL and SIL's place at the beach.  Graham as organised it so we can have a good reason for getting together, instead of the all sad ones we had in June/July.  We head off mid afternoon tomorrow.  Should be fun, even if the forecast is for not such good weather.  I'll take a book with me and get some reading done, if it rains.

Well thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend everyone.

6 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

So sweet Dawn! Don't you just love getting that type of mail? Throw them bills aside and lets just look at cards and stamps! ;) So glad you will have a chance to get away a bit and enjoy some happy time with family!

donna mikasa said...

Your mail carrier was super busy! Love Paula's card design and your card for Sue is so sweet with the embossed background. Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend. I will pray for sunny skies....

Jacqueline said...

Have a lovely time Dawn, it will be a nice break for you with the family!

Virginia L. said...

Love your daisy card! That is thoughtful and sweet of you to make it with Sue!Lucky you to get that cling stamps!! You'll love it (I don't have it, but I used the images at the Scrapbooking retreat ...Kathy brought them :)How I wish to have them now...

Vanessa said...

This card is adorable! Love your colouring! I hope you have a fab weekend!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful cards! Love the Penny Black stamps and you have created some very pretty cards. Congrats on your win.