Saturday 21 November 2009

Caardvarks - Color it challenge

I saw today that the latest Caardvarks challenge is "Color it". This was just perfect as last night I had coloured in a number of Bentley Bear images I had stamped from a free set I got with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine , I stamped the image in Versafine Onyx black and clear embossed then coloured using watercolour pencils blended with a clear marker. I added some glitter marker by American Crafts under the image for snow and on the pom-pom on the hat.
Some of you might recognise the sketch I used - Card Positions Systems #110 ( such a versatile sketch). Sentiment and flourish from Inkadinkadoo. The flourish was stamped with Distress Ink - Peeled Paint and the sentiment was stamped with the Versafine and clear embossed. I'm not sure what the PP is as it was in a pack that I got when I went to stamp group. I am really pleased how this one turned out.
I took the photo at about 7.00pm so you can see summer is coming... the days are definitely getting longer even if the temperature isn't getting warmer.... still only 18 degrees C - should be much warmer by now....
Thanks for stopping by. 

6 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn your card looks fantastic. I think colouring in is so theraputic don't you? I will happily swap weather with you at the moment. Tuesday was 40 degrees here on the sunshine coast & since then we've had mid to high 30's. I think summer has arrived already here in Oz.

Deirdre said...

Wow Dawn, great card and great colouring. That image is so tiny and you did an amazing job on it. I have it too and gave up trying to colour it!!!!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card and wonderful coloring. As you gain your sunlight we lose ours. :)

Kathy said...

Adorable image Dawn & fantastic coloring!

Vanessa said...

Adorable! Love this cute card, Dawn!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my, beautiful coloring Dawn, I love this card so much, cutest little image!