Sunday 25 October 2009

Joseph's Coat Technique challenge





Another one of the challenges at 2peas is called Joseph's coat techinque.  It involves using multicoloured ink on glossy card, adding a stamped image with Versamark and clear embossing and then putting black ink all over and buffing it off the stamped image to get the multicolours coming through.  I tried a number of times, but as I did not have a black dye ink and used pigment ink it really didn't work.  So I improvised and used a dark distress ink called Aged Mahogany,  This was the result.  I was rather pleased with it in the end.  I'm sure black would have been more dramatic but by mounting it on the gold foil ( some of yesterdays left over tinfoil covered with Butterscotch alcohol ink) made it pop a bit.  The stamps are by Inkadinkadoo.  The blue card stock is actually much darker than it looks here.
Today I also made a start on a couple more Christmas cards.  Still working on finishing them.  Tomorrow is a holiday here in New Zealand - for Labour Day ( to celebrate the 40 hr working week) so another day at home to do some crafting.  Yeah!!!
Have a great week one and all....

3 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Gosh, that turned out beautifully, Dawn! I've always wanted to get Aged Mahogany but wasn't sure how it would look. Well, you've enabled me to get it.....Thank you!!

And Happy Labour Day!

Vanessa said...

This is gorgeous! Aged Mahogany is one of my favourite distress inks!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! This is just GORGEOUS! I love the aged mahoghany over the gold colors. It looks soooooo terrific! Stunning! :-)