Monday 14 September 2009

Birthday wishes for my little brother....

Today my little brother turns 51... This is the card I made and sent to him.  He is 15 months younger than me and is living with my parents.... doesn't that sound funny.... actually he and his wife, 2 of their daughters and their grand-daughter share a house with my parents....all on the Gold Coast in Australia.
I enjoyed making this card as I really love using the Three Ferns stamp with Tim Holtz distress inks.  I used 3 colours - aged Mahogany, Shabby shutters and Walnut stain to cover a cream coloured card.  The ferns were stamped in the Aged Mahogany.  I stamped the birthday sentiment with a Stampin Up! set ( when I was at Lei's place - borrowing Helen's stamp and punch)  I edged it with the aged Mahogany as well.

Today I had a call and an email from my daughter as one of my Twitter posts made it onto the top 10 on one of the local radio stations.  The Edge is a radio station geared to the younger set and several of my daughter's friends heard it and texted her to see if was me.... I think she was a little embarrassed that her Mum made it on the list... Mind you it wasn't a very exciting Tweet...

Tonight I have a commission to make a birthday card.  So off to do that and make a card for Deborah's card chain. I have chosen to make a card following the sketch.  I have to get it already to go before we leave on holiday on Friday morning.

Thanks for stopping by and as always I appreciate any and all comments left.  Take care

9 comments:

Bo! said...

Haha mummy the twitter star... i wasnt embarrassed.. just thought of all the tweets out there... hehe

Can we commission a couple of cards from you too?? For Rai and Heather's birthday? Only if you have time... or can we have a couple out of you collection?

Hey... the Hero Arts add to the side of your blog features the stamp you used on uncle robbies card... its a cool stamp :)

Vanessa said...

Love the distressing! Great card, so beautiful!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful masculine card... Love the three fern and the distressing is lovely!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous background Dawn, gives the stamped image so much more effect!

Diana said...

WOW, this is Spectacular!

Anita Rex said...

Fantastic distressing! What was your twitter post about? Funny that it made it on the radio!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! I love the way the ferns almost seem to glow! Fabulous! :-)

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

Hi Dawn! Thanks for the welcome note and it is nice to be back, although with a lot of unpacking to do I'm not sure how much posting or crafting I'll get done in the next few weeks. This is such a lovely card...I love how you accomplished that gorgeous background...very nice! That's funny about your twitter comment. Have a wonderful holiday and I look forward to reading more of your posts when you get back. jj

Monika Reeck said...

Hallo Dawn tonight I have time to see your Blog again this card is very nice fern card..Lovely distressing too and nice combination color too...Miss you Dawn..