Sunday 30 August 2009

Saturday stamping.


Yesterday was Stamping Day at Lei's place.  There were 9 of us there and the group had organised with Jacquie from Stampin Up! to come and demonstrate for us. She did a lovely demo card and then we did a make and take of a set of 4 mini cards.  When we finished those we had a lovely shared lunch and then got on working our own projects.   I got 3 cards made.... one for my Dad's birthday ( no photo as I know Mum looks at this and I don't want to spoil the surprise)

My cards were both inspired by lovely lady's from the Flickr Hero Arts group.  The Teddy was inspired by the lovely Lin
Her cards are just the most delightful ever.  I just loving seeing all her wonderful creations.

The lovely purple card was inspired by Kelly.  Her blog page is here. She also makes the most amazing cards. Take a look around her blog... aren't they just the most amazing cards.  I really liked the simplicity of the sympathy card she made here and so decided I needed to CASE it.  Thank you to both of these lovely ladies for their ideas and inspiration.

I had a fabulous day which was finished off by going out to our Family Groups' "Soup, Shiraz and Jazz" evening.  We meet at Jenny and Alfred's house to share soup ( chicken and vegie from Yvonne and Bacon and veggie from Mia) followed by two different versions of Lemon Meringue Pie ( one from me and one from Vivienne)  I did not partake of the Shiraz ( not fussed on red wine - plus I was on my own so had to drive) but enjoyed some Jazz music provided by Michael's CDs.  A nice way to round off a great day.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you all have a great week.  Take care

3 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn these are beautiful cards. It sounds like you've had a lot of fun over the weekend :D.

Suzanne C said...

The cards are all wonderful! You did a lot of creating! I too love Lin and Kelly's work and you made beautiful cards from their inspiration!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Sounds like a fun day! I like the cards you made! That tree set from Stampin' Up is pretty cute! :-)