Sunday 24 May 2009

Saturday stamping.

What a great day I had yesterday - stamping with some lovely ladies. I went to Lei's place and meet with Sandie, Helen and Glenda. We started with a cuppa and a chat, then it was down to work... Helen and Sandie are working on making some cards to sell at Helen's work. They have a craft afternoon where staff are allow to sell their stuff - a portion of the proceeds goes to charity. What a great employer. We had a great day of sharing ideas, stamps, templates etc, stopping for a wonderful shared lunch. Finally packed up just on 4.15. I completed 2 cards but got bits and bobs done for quite a few more. Stamped off some images, used Lei's CB to try out my new dies. Helen had some new Stampin' Up! sets and ink pads so we all made a similar card but in different colours. I did mine in greens. The stamps are very delicate looking. They are from a set called Pocket Shilhouttes. Inside of the card I put a white piece with some of the same green as the bottom of the outside. I loved the little sayings " Friend to Friend" and " thinking of you" I think I'll be getting this set as it is so lovely.
I also managed to finally finish off the cityscape card above. I started this at a class using the Jumbo Roller. I had stamped the image but not got round to colouring or putting it all together. Was pleased with the results. Nice and bright looking.

I also got a template from the ladies on how to make a gift box for putting a set of cards in. So last night had a go. ( forgive the photos - not enough light - but it gives the idea) I used some patterned paper on the front of the box and stamped " spread sushine" on it. For the cards inside I used the same paper in both the yellow and a green to make two of each card. Very simple cards but nice to give as a gift set for someone. This set will be for my friend Sue - just because I know she'll like them. I also will make some generic birthday card sets to sell at my work.

Today I haven't done any cards as we went to help Emma with some more painting... well I supervised anyway.... The house is really coming along. Emma also presented me with a beautifully decorated folder for helping to plan for the wedding. It has different tabs for things like guest lists, timetable for the planning. Sept next year I can start looking for my outfit!!!! ( this has been organised by a Planner!!! - that is her profession -l Town Planner - )
Well this is a long post so thanks for stopping by and enjoy your week

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Lovely cards! I really love the cityscape one! So cheerful! :-)

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Dawn, I love your number 1 and 2 cards it is so pretty in green and the other one is so cute...is that stamp of building? Hope you are well...hugs