Friday 29 May 2009

The end of a long week...

Finally Friday. It seems like it's been a very long week. Hubby was away from home Tuesday to Wednesday on business. Stayed over night in Napier. The phone never stopped ringing for him as his Mum is not at all well and everyone was worried. His sister from London rang.
Wednesday evening I went out for a long walk with the Walking Group from gym. We did around 5ks in 55 mins - up some rather long steep hills and now my knee is rather painful. Have had to put a support on it. Enjoyed the walk and talk we do as a group even though we now leave after the sun has gone down. So far in 6 weeks we have not had a rainy night at all.
Good news though was Wednesday I got the cuttlebug back - like new..... so as you can see I have managed a couple of cards using it. I bought new nesties yesterday - plain and scalloped long rectangles. For the blue card I used the plain rectangles which I cut and embossed. I had stamped the image from Helen's Stampin Up! set so cut round it. Not sure what sentiment I will use on this one. If I use a Hero Arts one, I post it into the "manly" challenge as the colours are male orientated.
The second card is for a lady at work who has a friend having a little girl shortly. I used some stickers from the $2 shop which are lovely and glittery. I cut the 2nd to largest oval scallop and put the sticker on. I stamped Congratulations from a HA set and used a verse from my American Greetings creatacard CD. I often use the verses from this programme and PrintMaster 15 - another computer generated cardmaking programme.
Yesterday I was going to take the day off as the carpet layer was coming. Had applied for 1/2 days annual leave and was going to use up some of my extra hours I have made up.... but as usual - best laid plans etc etc.... Work decided to announce the changes to the work streams yesterday. So I had the morning off and had to be in at work at 1.00pm for a confrence call and then to announce to my staff what work we will be doing.... 2 1/2 hours - then I decided that I would head home - via the stamp shop of course.... that when I got my new nesties, plus a few other bits and pieces. Got one of the Fiskars finger cutters. Quite easy to use.
Thanks to all of you who are visiting and leaving me such lovely comments. Wishing you all a great weekend

4 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Yay! Your Cuttlebug survived its emergency medical treatment and lives! Hip hip hoooray! By the way, if you'd like, I can stamp the teddy bear image a few times for you and send it to you, so you can play with it before you get your own. Just shoot me an e-mail or FlickrMail with your snail mail address! :-)

Kelly Booth said...

Hi Dawn...Love the cards...
OH..i could NOT be without my CB!! Glad you got yours back!!

Paula said...

Yay Dawn!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that you have gotten your precious CB back. I bet you had so many things that you wanted to do with it, while it was gone. Let's hope that every thing is all good with it now. Take care Hugs xoxoxoxo

Monika Reeck said...

Oops where is my comment gone..I have said..yippiee Dawn...your CB come back like a NEW one..and I like your both card...the one with SU stamp is very pretty (I like SU stamp..it is always pretty and yummy am I right?), I have no CB but I get some nesties from you many thanks dear Dawn...hugs