Sunday 5 April 2009

Stamp club day

Yesterday I spent an fantastic day sharing my stamping with like minded ladies. One of my local stamp and scrapbook shops runs a monthly club day and this month had a "big" one. It started at 10am and went on till 4.00pm. During the course of the day, Jill demonstrated different techniques to give ideas. The rest of the time was spent doing your own thing.... but also walking round looking at what others were doing, sharing stamps and ideas. There were around 25 of us - some card makers, some scrapbookers...

I had bought a pack with lots of purple card and paper and embellishments which I thought would be a great starting place. I have been looking at different sketches so had put some in a notebook for future use and decided to use one from "Our Creative Corner" from Feb 2009. I was pleased with the results. I used my Cuttlebug to punch out three ovals with my nestibilities, one of my Fiskar border edge punches and some ribbon and peelcraft to finish.

Someone said my ovals looked like Easter eggs so that was the inspiration for my second card.... cut out more ovals and tied ribbon round the middle to make the egg. CB'd the background in swiss dots and used a scallop oval to emboss the centre before putting the egg on. Sentiment stamped on the bottom.And my third card came from using the cut out ovals as a template to sponge and egg onto white card in yellow. The then masked it and did the purple egg. Decorated with stamps from HA Cl180 Happy Greetings. It looked a bit stark, so sponged the sky blue ink all over the card and put the ribbon on. Decided I would just use the word " Celebrate" for the greeting.

Today has been busy as I had to do the groceries that I didn't get done yesterday. I was doing some surfing on the 'net and came across these cards at Penny Black. I did something similar expect I stamped the daises in Versamark on glossy card and embossed in white. I then sponged some greens and oranges and reds ( from my Kaleidacolor Autumn leaves ink pad
I then dry embossed around the edge and layered the glossy card onto plain white card stock and then stamped the sentiment
I was really pleased with this for a quick and easy card.
Well I'm off to have dinner at my daughter's place. She and Brad have invited both sets of parents to dinner in the new house.

Thanks for visiting.....enjoy the rest of your weekend

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Lovely cards! My personal fave is the daisies! :-)

SmilynStef said...

Love the daisy resist ... gorgeous.