Sunday 20 November 2016

Enjoy the Ride.

My workmate Donna had her birthday yesterday.  She is a few years younger than me - in her mid 's so I made her a bit of a fun card. 


I used an Art Impressions stamp and coloured with some Faber Castell pencils.  I used some PP from Kaisercraft to make my background.    Donna loved the card... saying the whole thing reminder her of herself...

It's been a busy time over the past week... lots of cards made, but mostly for commissions, DT work and for Christmas swaps.  Plus my room no longer has a hole in the ceiling.  It's been repaired and plastered.  The painter is coming later in the week and then it will be time to declutter a bit more and put the stuff back.  Hubby is determined that I need to get rid of at least half of my stash  (over my dead body!!!!!) so at present a bit of a stand off!

Anyway, hope everyone had a great weekend.   We spend most of Saturday over at Waiheke Island.  We went with Hubby's work to a vineyard where we did some fun activities... archery and a blind taste testing of two wines and two beers before having a lovely lunch.  Weather was a bit iffy... some showers and a bit cool, but a fun day had by all.


7 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Love this great image and a great card. I know where your coming from with the craft stash, when we moved hubby suggested I down size a bit, easier said than done. You never know when you are going to need some stuff, I hate to get rid of anything!

Greta said...

So glad you're getting your craft room back, Dawn! Oh no--hubby clearly doesn't understand--haha! This is such a cute card--love the background paper!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Dawn - glad it was appreciated.
I would hate to think what my hubby would say about my stash - I don't ask his opinion - he says my area is messy, and he doesn't understand how I can work in it!
Sounds like you had a good day on Saturday. It was cool and damp here too!
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Ha! love it! such a fun statement. CarolG

creationsnz said...

Re: the stash - how would he feel if you asked him to cut down his workshop by half? I agree with all of the above sentiments ... it is what it is! CarolG

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful coloring on this really fun image, Dawn! I love your choice of patterned papers for the background, too! I'll bet your workmate loves it!
Husbands don't get it...I hope you stand your ground on the stash issue...after all, you never know if you're going to need something for a project :)

Monika Reeck said...

Hiyaaaa cute Image makes me smile and love the coloring too so tidy and clean and love thats DP looks like her bag color
great made my friend