Thursday 29 November 2012

Holly Hobbie Easel Card

Over at City Crafter Challenge this week's challenge is a Christmas Easel Card.  I had a thought in mind when I saw the challenge but today when I picked up my Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine I saw the free stamps and papers were Holly Hobbie.  Do you remember when she was all the rage?  I do!  So I just had to make a card with it.

Holly Hobbie Easel card



Holly Hobbie


I stamped Holly onto white card and coloured with Copics.  I then cut her out with a Spellbinders die.  I made the poinsettia with Spellbinder die which I embossed with an M-bossibilty folder.  I painted the leaves with Iridescence medium.  I finished them off with some punched leaves.

I really pleased how it turned out.

I'm watching "Mrs Brown's Boys" while typing this and laughing so much.  What a funny programme.  This episode is the one where Maria goes into labour.  Very humorous. 

Nearly the weekend, and I'm going to Lei's house to stamp with the girls.... Will be a fun day then off to hubby's Christmas function.

See you soon

Dawn

19 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Dawn this is so beautiful!! I love it! ... Many thanks for playing at CCCB!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Holly Hobby brings back many memories! I remember Strawberry Shortcake too!

Pajalu said...

Dawn your card is gorgeous. I love your easel card. So pretty

Maureen Morton said...

You have melted my heart with this adorable card, Dawn! I am a huge Holly Hobbie fan from the 1960's! I didn't even know that there were stamps of her. Gotta get some. You have done her proud with this coloring, too. And that easel style looks like such fun. Great job - you made my day!

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,love the fab image and layout.xxx

Isha Gupta said...

I dont know Holly Hobbie Dawn but love this card. Its so pretty and this little girl is so cute.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

A beautiful creation, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

Nancy K said...

Festive and sweet...perfect card, Dawn!

joy said...

Dawn, this card is absolutely beautiful! Your coloring and all the dies you've used; plus making it into an easel card - really outstanding work! LOVE this!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful craftsmanship, Dawn! The layering and details are amazing! I always find Easel card intimidating... yours is such an inspiration!

sheila said...

this card is just absolutely adorable Dawn. It is so well put together...the die cuts are perfect, the coloring is great, the sentiments are just right and the papers are just the perfect papers for this card. I love that you embossed your poinsettia...it looks wonderful!

Ashley said...

This is so pretty, Dawn! Your coloring is fabulous and I love the festive Christmasy feel the card has. :)

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Greta said...

Oh, Dawn, I really like this card! Between you & Sheila making those poinsettias I'm thinking I have to get that die! Enjoy your stamping with the girls--wish I could be there!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable and so cute.
luv
Debby

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweet card Dawn - yes I remember Holly Hobbie!! Just gorgeous!
Enjoy your day out crafting :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Stamp with Angela said...

Stunning card in so many ways. I love that it is an easel card. Love the red, the poinsettia and the Holly image.

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous Dawn!!! I love the Holly Hobby, brings back memories!! Thank You so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

Lucille K said...

Such a vibrant and pretty Christmas card :)

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful easel card. I just love the gingham paper you used. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!